So I bought my wife one of these for Christmas

LoneWolfArcher

Apr 12, 2012
After her initial hesitation ("what can I do with this I can't with my phone (Droid Razr)?") she has embraced it and seems to really like it. Here is my question:

What are the must have apps and accessories for this thing?

As an aside, when I did a side-by-side comparison of this tablet with the Nexus 7, this thing blew the Nexus away speed wise. I even rebooted both displays thinking maybe the Nexus had just become overused between reboots. Stil the Tab 2 7.0 was just so much faster than the Nexus 7.

mikee

May 29, 2011
either firefox or google chrome are good browser wise because you can set them up to sync with your desktop chrome or firefox so yu can continue where you left off on the computer from your tablet. It really depends on what you want to do with the device. I like that the tab has a office suite already built in that is a huge plus. I think technically the nexus 7 has faster hardware.

I disagree with you on the speed compared to the nexus. My friend has the nexus 7 and we compared devices and the nexus seemed significantly faster than the tab 2 7.0 in both games and in android itself. Your situation could be different depending on how many apps you have installed and running on both devices. I think the samsung's speed decrease over the nexus in my case is that the samsung comes with too much extra bloatware programs and the nexus is stock android which is always snappier.

That's just my take on this situation.