So seriously, how long are we supposed to wait??

mprenfro

May 16, 2012
I really started to fall for the idea that Matsunichi was a small company, Has anyone really taken the time to check out their headquarters? It's a huge building in China.
about us | Matsunichi
Tell me these guys can't come through with promised hard and software. i.e..HDMI and ICS. When do we get tired of waiting? We can't let it get to the point of becoming vaporware. Aren't class action lawsuits brought on this way? If things don't get moving on their end we have a responsibility to make it move. Honestly, it is for there own good. It would test the companies true intention at the same time. Do they want our business or not. Personally I like my LPII, but I don't like promises that are not kept. If they at least gave us a time frame, maybe we could wait it out. This company doesn't communicate about it at all..

Just a side note....
This is taken off of Matsunichi's homepage. Which btw, you can click to above...

Matsunichi was established in Hong Kong in 1993 as a small company specializing in the trade of traditional consumer electronic products. Now, as a leading Hong Kong-based manufacturer of digital consumer electronics and IT products including MP3 players and portable storage devices, Matsunichi has grown into a worldwide network of 13 sales offices in 5 countries, Hong Kong, P.R.C., Taiwan, Germany and the U.S. with 3 manufacturing plants in Shenzhen, Dalian and Shaoguan. Matsunichi Communication Holdings Limited (stock code: 283) was listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange in 2002. Our mission is to become a worldwide leader in digital entertainment products.

Last edited:

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
All good and valid points. For what it's worth the hdmi cable is back up for sale today. Go to: lepanshop.com

AfterShafter

Dec 1, 2011
Got to confess, I came into the whole no-name tablet thing with very few expectations of support or updates or anything like that - though I was pleasantly surprised from the customer support perspective. After they backed out on their OS upgrade for the Le Pan TC970, it became clear to me not to count on what they promised for future updates. Doesn't help you much, but the reality is, this company has already backed out on ICS for the 970, and you might get more sleep if you lower your expectations - especially with a potential Le Pan III lurking in the depths.

Not making excuses. They've proven unreliable with ICS for the TC970, and I'm not expecting more in the future.

Last edited:

mprenfro

May 16, 2012
Yes, but this is the lax attitude I am refering to. I don't per say mean you, I mean anyone of us. We bought a product that advertised an upgrade with purchase. We should get what we paid for. There are internation laws that enforce these things! The question is how long should we wait before taking action? If you find typos, sorry. Can't fix

AfterShafter

Dec 1, 2011
Actually, you are talking about me mp, and that's totally OK. This is one of those "if everyone does like you do, the problem will never be solved" situations and I'm definitely part of the problem. It is sketchy business, and it is something you could well start to take action over (though if you decide to do this, make sure to look into international laws over such issues first). Ideally, they'd keep their promises.

My perspective though... Le Pan's tablets are, undeniably, budget tablets. I bought two of them realizing this. Budget means cutting corners, keeping the bottom line low, and releasing at quite low prices. Thing is, when the budget is kept low, what gets cut to keep it low? In the Le Pan, I honestly don't think it is hardware that gets cut. The Le Pan II's price has remained high, but upon release, it was actually one of the lower priced tablet on the market with its specs as far as I know, and the TC970 attracted my attention when it dropped to something like $160 - which, at the time, was far lower than anything I could find that wasn't total garbage. So, what are they doing to keep prices low? Probably sacrificing support and future R&D for that tablet to keep tablet production costs rock bottom and profits within acceptable ranges.

I'm not trying to say you're wrong, or to not get a bit upset over them promising OS upgrades and not delivering, but... If you buy a budget tablet that actually has decent hardware and performs well (and both of my Le Pan tablets have done so for me), expect there to be some area they aren't measuring up in. I may well send them an irritated e-mail, because you are right about their broken promises. But, I bought this tablet realizing that within 2 or so years, I'd likely be tossing it because it had a problem and the support just wasn't there like it would be for a larger brand tablet.

Good luck in any case. Hope the tablet treats you well enough even if you're stuck with Honeycomb!

Last edited:

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
Well put Aftershafter. I just read an article that states only 7% of android devices are currently running ICS. Several major companes are launching it on June 4th. Le Pan isn't that far behind. From what I understand the update is out for google certification right now. In the meantime my LP2 is working just fine. I'll post a link to that article when I get to a computer.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/01/android-ice-cream-sandwich-june-2012-stats/

Last edited:

LePan69

Mar 15, 2012
On a related note: their webiste has a firmware update that is supposed to fix wifi issues. Sadly it did not fix mine - where it has a problem connecting (but only at work/school).