So there I was wandering around the markets of Mong Kok, Hong Kong..

foobaz123

Nov 22, 2010
And while prowling therein I happen to find an S7 with a slightly slimmer build and capacitive screen. I know people have been talking about them for a while now but it was nice to hold in the hand. The build quality seems much improved over the current gen. It carries a variant number of 105. Unfortunately, the person who had it didn't have any price information on it.

foobaz123

Nov 22, 2010

foobaz123

Nov 22, 2010
I think you saw the ZTE Light (or Light something), because those launched late last year and are 7" tablets.

eprice link: ZTE ?????? 7? ?? Pad ZTE Light ? $3680 - ?1? - ?? Pad??? - ePrice.HK

Maybe?

That's a pretty little tablet and I did see many of those around. However, it isn't what I saw at this store. It was definitely a S7. I might have imagined it being slightly thinner and lighter. Just imagine the current BB S7, but all dark grey/black and with a capacitive screen. The back panel fit better than the BB S7s I've seen as well. Also, as I said above, when I popped the back off it said "105" inside. It looked pretty slick.

hfcx

Feb 28, 2011
And while prowling therein I happen to find an S7 with a slightly slimmer build and capacitive screen. I know people have been talking about them for a while now but it was nice to hold in the hand. The build quality seems much improved over the current gen. It carries a variant number of 105. Unfortunately, the person who had it didn't have any price information on it.

Do you remember where about or which store you might be at?

I am interested in getting the S7 but want to wait for the S7 Slim since S7 Slim is supposed to come out in April. Wait for the S7 slim might not be that long if it is already available in other markets.

Also, might be able to check out the unit should a business trip come up.

Last edited:

maxxout

Mar 18, 2011
Hi, There is definitely a S7-105 model with a capacitive screen. Its similar to the resistive one except its slightly slimmer and no longer has a stylus. Its available in Malaysia for approx. USD 420. Might be best to wait for the new S7-Slim or Pro.. :)

hfcx

Feb 28, 2011
Hi, There is definitely a S7-105 model with a capacitive screen. Its similar to the resistive one except its slightly slimmer and no longer has a stylus. Its available in Malaysia for approx. USD 420. Might be best to wait for the new S7-Slim or Pro.. :)

$420!

What is the going price in Malaysia for the S7 "original edition" for comparison?

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I was speaking to someone on QQ last night, and apparently there is a factory that assembled a few hundred of these but have no where to sell. Factory pricing is about 300USD per unit.

All I'm trying to say is, I am not surprised that there are some in Hong Kong.

foobaz123

Nov 22, 2010
I was speaking to someone on QQ last night, and apparently there is a factory that assembled a few hundred of these but have no where to sell. Factory pricing is about 300USD per unit.

All I'm trying to say is, I am not surprised that there are some in Hong Kong.

You mean not surprised that is saw the 107 in hk?

Sent from the awesome ZTab :D