So we do we root this awesome new tablet

Pajamasquid

Sep 16, 2011
I received my tablet about 2 weeks ago and love it. Today, now that it has been released there is also an update from 3.1 to 3.2. I think this is the first tablet that can give the ipad a run for its money. So how do we root the damn thing? I need to root the device so I can try to patch the one big epic fail on Android, you can't connect to an adhoc connection. I have no idea who thought that would be a good idea at Google but they should be demoted. Without this ability there is no way to tether to most cellphones. If someone could point me in the right direction I don't mind trying it myself first.

Last edited:

einsnico

Sep 18, 2011
@ Pajamasquid

r u trying to tether from phone to table?, if yes, I was able to do that today with my Droid X

magick86

Sep 17, 2011
No, I am trying to get super user permissions to unlock some features i use on my phone that i can not get on this tablet yet...

ops8888

May 28, 2011
I have a Droid X as well. What application are you using? I would love to be able to tether my tablet to my phone like I am able to do with my laptop. Any help would be appreciated!!

Debbie

@ Pajamasquid

r u trying to tether from phone to table?, if yes, I was able to do that today with my Droid X