So who's planning on getting a Galaxy Tab 2?

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 16, 2011
galaxy-tab-2-7-inch.jpg

samsung-galaxy-tab-2-7inch-specs.png

So who's considering on getting one of these?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Definitely thinking about it. This might be just what I need for my car infotaninment system plans :D

kevinandroid

Mar 31, 2012
I look forward to it.. I did not buy the ipad coz I like the specs of this...hopes I'm doing the right thing....

CLSmith

Jan 14, 2011
I've ordered mine, it suppose to ship on the 22nd.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

vijaykhai

Jun 19, 2010
I've ordered mine, it suppose to ship on the 22nd.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2
I have been mainly a PC/laptop user for last 15 years. As this will be entirely new experience for a TABLET, can I direct some questions to CLS and other experienced users for guidance:
1. Having decided to buy Galaxy Tab 2, should I get it from Best Buy shop ( 2 miles from home, who will charge CA SALES TAX) or order online from Amazon ( No sales Tax) inspite of 5/8 days shipping delay - mainly from after sales service related to Defects, returns, Upgrades etc.?
2. In general when I have a operational problem like some button not working.. HOW do I use GPS or Skype etc... where do I get my answers ? Do i have to depend on the kind members of this forum or can I approach Samsung or Amazon or Best Buy?

I hope this is not an unfair question, being a newbie and some kind soul will guide me. Thanks.

Last edited:

Seasidesue

Jun 11, 2012
I just bought my Galaxy Tab2 7.0 at Costco for $239, yes on the tax, twice the warranty! I love my tablet!!!

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
vijaykhai said:
I have been mainly a PC/laptop user for last 15 years. As this will be entirely new experience for a TABLET, can I direct some questions to CLS and other experienced users for guidance:
1. Having decided to buy Galaxy Tab 2, should I get it from Best Buy shop ( 2 miles from home, who will charge CA SALES TAX) or order online from Amazon ( No sales Tax) inspite of 5/8 days shipping delay - mainly from after sales service related to Defects, returns, Upgrades etc.?
2. In general when I have a operational problem like some button not working.. HOW do I use GPS or Skype etc... where do I get my answers ? Do i have to depend on the kind members of this forum or can I approach Samsung or Amazon or Best Buy?

I hope this is not an unfair question, being a newbie and some kind soul will guide me. Thanks.

Unless it is a problem due to defective hardware, which is rare in my experience with Samsung, you should be able to get advice and help on almost anything related toy your new tablet right here on this forum.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Seasidesue said:
I just bought my Galaxy Tab2 7.0 at Costco for $239, yes on the tax, twice the warranty! I love my tablet!!!

There is just nothing not to love about these tablets, the design and build quality is incredible and the 7" screen is ideal. Because of the small form factor I am actually likely to have it with me almost everywhere, anytime.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Tom, how is the battery life...I'm thinking to buy it,I like it.

Samsung Galaxy Note

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
idontknow said:
Tom, how is the battery life...I'm thinking to buy it,I like it.

Samsung Galaxy Note

Its a bit shorter than the Galaxy Tab 7 plus, which I have, I think the rated battery life for mine for, say, screen at 60% brightness with wifi on but not connected while viewing local video is a bit over 8 hours, and on the tab 2 7 it is closer to 7.5 hours. I know that I can browse the internet, downloading and watching video etc. and I get at least 8 hours use, so the tab 2 7 should be pretty good as well. The best I can figure is the Exynos processor is a bit more efficient than the TI omap processor used in the tab 2 7. Okay, this whole paragraph looks a little confusing, but the Battery life is pretty good :)

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Thank you, Tom.....so the best battery of all seems to belong to the Samsung 7.7? They talk about 10 hours. Expensive though :-(

Samsung Galaxy Note

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Yeah, in the same test that rated the 7 plus at 8+ hours showed the 7.7 at 12 hours of runtime playing a looped video. But boy it is expensive, and I have heard there are problems with image burn in with the amoled display. Still......12 hours...... :)