Soft keys not working correctly

CLSmith

Jan 14, 2011
I was over in the thread Set up new market and went to check my settings as discribed and when I went to go Back a screen, the Back soft key would not work. So I tried the others and only the Home and Tools keys work. Need help fixing this. :confused: Step by step pls...
I'm stock rooted 1.1 and followed a thread to set up my Softkeys to work with the Nook hard key, but I don't remember how to do that if I have to uninstall softkeys. Thx

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
I'm not exactly following your situation, but if you open up softkeys via the app window, you can select setting (wrench icon) and there are a few options about the back button and how it operates. Try changing those one at a time to see which one gives you the functionality you prefer.

CLSmith

Jan 14, 2011
Thx for trying to help, Faceman. I uninstalled Softkeys, then reinstalled. Its works again and now its little icon floats around to all the pages I'm using.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Thx for trying to help, Faceman. I uninstalled Softkeys, then reinstalled. Its works again and now its little icon floats around to all the pages I'm using.

Glad that it's working for you. If you don't like the persistent floating button, you can get rid of it via configuration.

I have mine set up: Physical Home Button (tap once for SK, tap twice for launcher); Virtual Home button (launcher); do NOT run as service (this will remove the persistent button on screen); and then make sure SK is the default home app.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011

If you like the persistent floating feature try Button Savior it also does this but is less intrisive and many prefer it to Soft Keys. Tip: you can run both at the same time and see what you like better.