Software Updates for Asus Transformer

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Asus has started rolling out a new software update for one of the most popular Honeycomb running tablet – the Transformer. The update is aimed at mainly fixing the bugs found in the current software of the Transformer, including the abnormal battery consumption issue. The update also introduces an application named ‘App Backup’, which allows users to backup their installed apps and games.

Continue Reading @ Asus Transformer Software Update

miked

Jul 31, 2011
Is Netflix part of the preloaded applications? I am concerned, because it is there on my tf101 and I cannot get rid of it. I tried the factory reset twice, but it keeps coming back. I do not see an option for uninstall only "open" or "update". I am aware of the fake Netflix programs so I do not try to sign in (I do not even have a Netflix account).
Any suggestions how I could get rid of it?

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Netflix was part of the latest firmware update, there is even a Netflix update on the Market. If it resides (the original) in system/apps you will need root to rid yourself of it. It isn't malware so no real worries.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum

rcjames

Oct 31, 2011
I received the update. Build number HTK75.US_epad-9.6.5.19-20111107. Very odd maybe my firmware is newer then those that receive ota few days ago.

AnthillBeetle

Sep 1, 2011
Mine updated twice, now at 1107 too. Wonder what is going on. First update brought new market (or did it update by itself?), no noticeable changes from the second.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Just got the latest update, and it fixed a problem with the recent update that broke my ability to access Dropbox through ES File Explorer. All is good again, had me a little concerned, although I was pretty sure the firmware update had been the culprit.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

jtsauburn

Sep 15, 2011
Ditto. I got two updates over that last few days also. Noticed new market with the first one; don't notice anything with the second so far... I

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum