Solution for short power cable

Mike02z

Jul 5, 2011
I love my Transformer but the extra short proprietary cable drives me crazy. I picked up a USB extension cable but it did not work. I was then reading that you MUST use a USB 3.0 cable to extend the OEM Transformer USB cable. I purchased the below from Amazon for 12 bucks. I just received it and it works great. Now I can extend my power cable an additional 6 feet.

OK, the color is ugly but since it is buried behind my desk you don't see it. I'm sure you can find a cheaper version on eBay but I wanted it right away and knew I could easily return it if it did not work.

Amazon.com: Tripp Lite U324-006 USB 3.0 Super Speed 5Gbps A Male - A Female Extension Cable (6 Feet, Blue): Electronics

AutobahnSHO

Aug 9, 2011
I use the same and it works wonderfully. I'm a tiny bit scared that it makes the ASUS cable the weaklink if someone trips/pulls on it. Cuz that extension cable is well-built and THICK.

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
I just use an electrical extension cord. It works and everyone has one of those laying around.

jyams

Feb 20, 2011
I'm pretty sure that the blue color for these USB 3.0 type cables is an industry standard. I'm seeing motherboards with the USB 3.0 ports/plug-ins coming out in that same blue color. Makes sense to color code the cable for the port connection.

jaydee

Jul 23, 2011
No...you can get black...just purchased mine from pcarena.co.uk (£3.49)....works a treat.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

tasuif.vhora

Sep 26, 2011
It would be good if TF 101 had capabilities to charge on USB

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I just use an electrical extension cord. It works and everyone has one of those laying around.

Listen, if all you are going to to is give simple, common sence, reasonable solutions we don't need your kind around here.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum

TDsoundwave

Sep 18, 2011
Ahahahahahahahahaha I love it buzzman and Tom! I too use a standard extension cord if i need it. I also give myself a break when it needs charging. I love my tablet but my wife has an app that my asus doesn't! lol