[Solved] Copy/Paste in Android?

WasteLandSavage

Dec 3, 2012
I've got what I know is a noob question but.
When I got my tablet about a year ago I got it mainly to play games on and not much else.
But now I find myself using my tablet more then I do my laptop.

And I never could figure out how to Copy/Paste on this thing?
I can write/Edit/Save files and the like, but not something as simple as Copy/Paste.
Once again I'd be grateful for any help you can offer.
As my goal soon is/to get me a wireless all in one and maybe just maybe.
Make windows pretty much a thing of the past for me. Thanks.... :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
I can copy a url (and possibly anything in a text box) by double-clicking on it, then selecting copy. In a multi-line text field, I can get the start and end tabs to appear and move them around, but I don't know how to copy the enclosed text...

WasteLandSavage

Dec 3, 2012
I can copy a url (and possibly anything in a text box) by double-clicking on it, then selecting copy. In a multi-line text field, I can get the start and end tabs to appear and move them around, but I don't know how to copy the enclosed text...

I to can get the same thing to happen here and there when I'm using my mouse. ''BUT'' I can't even move the arrow around as you can.
That's another thing your up on me with. :rolleyes:

Note to self remember to long hold on end of field to be copied, then move arrows to highlight field to be copied.
And then be sure to look up and not like an Idiot.
I might just learn something...... :confused:

Last edited:

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
Ok, I did search YouTube for "android cut & paste". After the first 15 seconds of a video, I think I got it figured out. :) You basically long-press to get cut/copy options, then long-press again where you want to paste (and click paste). As I'm usually terrible at explaining things, I recommend watching enough of one of the videos to feel comfortable.

WasteLandSavage

Dec 3, 2012
Ok, I did search YouTube for "android cut & paste". After the first 15 seconds of a video, I think I got it figured out. :) You basically long-press to get cut/copy options, then long-press again where you want to paste (and click paste). As I'm usually terrible at explaining things, I recommend watching enough of one of the videos to feel comfortable.
Your right but the only other thing is you have to move the blue sliders around to highlight the text field that you want copied, then hit copy, then open up let's say notepad or android, long tap on it until you see your paste option at the top of the screen, hit paste of coarse then save your file.

It's not that hard considering it only took you and someone else to help me figure it out. :eek: