[Solved] Deleting /Managing History

sam169

Aug 24, 2012
I have been trying for days to find out how to delete history on my Android 4 tablet Natpc m009s ICS,This is my first tablet.I can delete history one by one but the list is huge.I would also like to set history to remain for one day only.I did find something to press and clear history but it hasn't worked.Any help much appreciated.Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I have been trying for days to find out how to delete history on my Android 4 tablet Natpc m009s ICS,This is my first tablet.I can delete history one by one but the list is huge.I would also like to set history to remain for one day only.I did find something to press and clear history but it hasn't worked.Any help much appreciated.Thanks

I'm wondering exactly what cache, (history), you are trying to clear. Is it browser cache, recently used cache?

sam169

Aug 24, 2012
Not sure.Its all listed under History and Most Visited on the Bookmarks page.I did find my way into the Google settings as I was signed into my Google account and Iwent through the process of Delete History there and it gave me a message History Deleted but the data on the History and Most Often Visited is still there.Thanks

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
So, it sounds like the browser cache, for the default brows? If that's the case go to settings - applications - all. Find the browser and tap it, tell it to clear everything that is available to clear, then force close and restart your tablet. If you are syncing your tablet with Google make certain that if you are using Chrome on your PC that you clear out everything there.

sam169

Aug 24, 2012
Got to Google browser page again and went through process of Remove all web history and got message saing Your search history is curently empty.
However the history I mentioned in previous post still remains under History just above my saved Bookmarks .I wonder I need an App to clear this?

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Got to Google browser page again and went through process of Remove all web history and got message saing Your search history is curently empty.
However the history I mentioned in previous post still remains under History just above my saved Bookmarks .I wonder I need an App to clear this?

If you cleared everything, then something just isn't right somewhere. Try restarting your tablet as there may be something just plain stuck. If you have restarted it I'l like to be able to tell you how to do a cold restart but many tablets don't do it the same way.

Turn it off, hold down the volume button then also the power button long enough to see some writing upper left corner of the screen,k release both buttons then just wait. If you see the white writing then 2 icons in the screen you likely managed a cold start. Nothing will be lost except some junk cache.

Last edited:

sam169

Aug 24, 2012
Thanks so much for your help but it's still the same and I am having talks with the seller.I'll let you know what happens.

Mrhelper

Apr 29, 2012
Open the browser
Select the bookmarks button
Select the History tab
Look at the top right corner of the screen, and select the X next to the wrench (settings) button.
Confirm the delete

sam169

Aug 24, 2012
Many thanks.That is what the seller asked me to do but when I go to my History tab I have absolutely no icons anywhere on my page.She is going to speak to their technician and get back to me.I'll keep you updated.

sam169

Aug 24, 2012
I think I have found an answer to this as I installed an App called History Eraser Dumapic and it has done the trick.