[SOLVED] Endless Boot Loop, Even After Factory Reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindFlip

Nov 29, 2012
$eGlide4XL_EGLXL102B.JPGHello Everyone,:D
I am hoping I am in the correct forum and that someone can help me. I've searched online with no success.

Problem: Stuck on reboot screen (Android logo). It is on an endless loop and I've kept it on for 24 hours (plugged in of course).
I did use the Android System Recover <3e> (Infotmic system recovery utility). I went thru the menu options, did the "wipe data," "factory reset" and "reboot system now." I actually did the factory reset over a dozen times :( and it continues getting stuck on the Android logo loop. Any recommendations?

Ematic EGLIDE 4 XL (EGLXL102B) 10" Internet Tablet Touchscreen
Operating System Version: Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich
Model No.: EGLXL102B

As the image indicates, it DOES NOT appear to be a way to disconnect the Battery.

Last edited by a moderator:

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Please try the Factory Reset again, but do a data wipe AFTER... and expect it to take a while (not 24 hrs, of course) to 'catch up'...

You may need to have ematic fix it...

BlindFlip

Nov 29, 2012
Please try the Factory Reset again, but do a data wipe AFTER... and expect it to take a while (not 24 hrs, of course) to 'catch up'...

You may need to have ematic fix it...

Ematic Customer Service responded w/in 24-hours of my e-mail! :D

Here's how you "Flash" the device (e-mail response below).

Customer Support (Customer Support)
Dec 28 01:56 pm (PST)
Dear Customer,
Here are some links so you can "flash" the tablet in order to reset it back to original settings.
This will also allow you to reset your password or pattern to unlock your tablet
Make sure to use the specific link that correlates to your model tablet

Please note that these specific models require a microSD card to flash (reinstall the OS): Just install the contents of the zip file onto an EMPTY microSD card. Then, turn your device off and insert the microSD card into your device. Then boot up normally to reflash your device. Please note that you will need to erase all data on the microSD card before you add this flash file.

*For the Eglide Pro only, you will need to press down the menu button while powering on to trigger to the reboot.
- Eglide 2
- Funtab XL 2
- Egl25
- Egl102
- Eglide Pro

Here are the downloadable flash files to re-install your Operating System using the included software. Keep in mind that you will need an external computer with USB ports to perform this task.
EGL102B
www.ematic.us/TabletTools/EGLXL102B.zip
Here are the general instructions for flashing your device:

1. Turn off device
2. Plug usb to usb mini into computer
3. Hold the button with listing horizontal lines (egl101) esc button on device (eglide1). If you have an android 4.0 device (Prism, XL 2 Pro…) you need to hold the volume down(-) button and then push the power button to get your computer to recognize the device.
4. Plug mini usb into computer
5. Windows 7/vista - Open control panel. Go to device manager, find device with the exclamation update drivers , browse my computer find the download file and click on the folder labeled drivers or rockusb. Click win 7 and search the enclosing folder and it should find it automatically.

Windows Xp – control panel ,add new hardware, search your computer for for drivers manually, find the download file, click Drivers, click x86 then xp search it should find it automatically

6. open in the download file RKbatchtool, or , RKAndroidBatchUpgrade
7. click image on the upgrader, for this on the egl101 it will be the three dots on the top right add the image it is the update file,
8. click upgrade, or on the egl 101 it is the second option from the left.
9. Let it upgrade.
10. It will factory data reset, for the elide 1 it will turn pink, for the egl101 it will not show up green.
11. If this doesn’t work contact ematic for a walk through and or additional tech support.

Ematic Customer Service

BlindFlip

Nov 29, 2012
Update - Boot Loop resolved!

Easy Steps:
1)Unzip the file then put the two folders on your microsd card
2) Turn off the device
3) Insert the miscrosd card on the slot
4) Press power and let it update
5) After update is complete remove thecard then power the device

That's all that is needed to do! After you power on the device, the boot process may take 1 to 2 minutes (be patient).
I hope this was helpful.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Thanks for coming back with the solution, I'm sure others will find it very helpful.

UFHeatherD

May 3, 2013
Does anyone happen to have the Software ROM for the EGLXP101P or will the above info work for me? I recieved this tablet used as a gift from a family member but upon turning it on I recieved a black screen with white text "ANDROID_". So I am assuming I need the software to be reinstalled. I have contacted support with no reply yet. But I fear they will close the case because I do not have the reciept as this was a hand me down gift. Thanks!

kiddsick2122

Jul 20, 2013
This doesnt work at all?.. also you repeat steps 2. and 4. , you say turn device off, plug usb to usb mini into computer you again repeat to say plug mini usb into computer.. what? i downloaded the file, unzipped it, placed it on my sd card, placed it in the tablet tried to update of it as directed and nothing, still stuck in an endless loop.

Kakiaman

Aug 8, 2013
I have the same problem too, can someone HELP, Mobile running on
4.1.1 Jelly bean
Phone is Alcatel Glory 2
Model: 4030D

PLEASE NEED HELP

darth nerdius

Aug 11, 2014

Easy Steps:
2) Turn off the device

That's all that is needed to do! After you power on the device, the boot process may take 1 to 2 minutes (be patient).
I hope this was helpful.
Okay this took longer because instructions were kinda vague after extraction open the main folder and ONLY drop in the folder named android and preload on an empty SD card. Ihad a fair bit of trouble calibrating this p.o.s. tablet.
Slow broken os out of the box wtf.

Last edited by a moderator:

necessity3173

Apr 11, 2015

Easy Steps:
2) Turn off the device

I hope this was helpful.

What file will i unzip? or what file will i download?

ntoy1

Dec 7, 2015

Dear Customer,
Here are some links so you can "flash" the tablet in order to reset it back to original settings.
This will also allow you to reset your password or pattern to unlock your tablet

Please note that these specific models require a microSD card to flash (reinstall the OS): Just install the contents of the zip file onto an EMPTY microSD card. Then, turn your device off and insert the microSD card into your device. Then boot up normally to reflash your device. Please note that you will need to erase all data on the microSD card before you add this flash file.
*For the Eglide Pro only, you will need to press down the menu button while powering on to trigger to the reboot.
- Eglide 2
- Funtab XL 2
- Egl25
- Egl102
- Eglide Pro
Here are the downloadable flash files to re-install your Operating System using the included software. Keep in mind that you will need an external computer with USB ports to perform this task.
EGL102B

1. Turn off device
3. Hold the button with listing horizontal lines (egl101) esc button on device (eglide1). If you have an android 4.0 device (Prism, XL 2 Pro…) you need to hold the volume down(-) button and then push the power button to get your computer to recognize the device.
5. Windows 7/vista - Open control panel. Go to device manager, find device with the exclamation update drivers , browse my computer find the download file and click on the folder labeled drivers or rockusb. Click win 7 and search the enclosing folder and it should find it automatically.
Windows Xp – control panel ,add new hardware, search your computer for for drivers manually, find the download file, click Drivers, click x86 then xp search it should find it automatically

7. click image on the upgrader, for this on the egl101 it will be the three dots on the top right add the image it is the update file,
9. Let it upgrade.
10. It will factory data reset, for the elide 1 it will turn pink, for the egl101 it will not show up green.
11. If this doesn’t work contact ematic for a walk through and or additional tech support.
Ematic Customer Service

ntoy1

Dec 7, 2015

Dear Customer,

- Eglide 2
- Funtab XL 2
- Egl25
- Egl102
- Eglide Pro
EGL102B

1. Turn off device

9. Let it upgrade.
Ematic Customer Service

Status
Not open for further replies.