[SOLVED] New Tablet

patsyscloud

Sep 19, 2014
Hi I have a new tablet it's a Samsung Galaxy 10-1 android 4.4 duel core. I downloaded some pictures and

they are in my gallery but at the top of my home page the arrows are still there how do I get rid of them? THANK YOU PAT

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
If I understand the problem correctly it sounds like you may be looking at shortcuts on a home page. If so, long press the icons and a trashcan should appear at the top. Drag the icons to the trash.

patsyscloud

Sep 19, 2014
No it is no a shortcut on home page. As I was downloading each picture from Facebook an arrow appeared on the desktop for each picture. The pictures were in my gallary. But the arrows remain on the desktop? So now I deleted the pictures and the arrows are still on the desktop. If I put my pointer on any of them nothing happens. Can you give me any suggestions on how to get rid of them?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I've never seen that but it should be able to be dragged to the trash. Try restarting and see what happens.

patsyscloud

Sep 19, 2014
I did restart and they are still there. Where is the trash icon I don't see one on desktop. I tried dragging them nothing happens. Maybe I should reset the factory settings I just got this tablet yesterday. Thankyou

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Normally, anything on a home page, (the desktop), should allow you to long press it and when doing that a trashcan should appear at the top of the screen. A factory reset may not be a bad idea but be certain to save any of the media/photos etc. somewhere else first.

patsyscloud

Sep 19, 2014
You are correct I just held my pointer and a trash can did appear. But that doesn't happen when I hold on those arrows. They are definitely from downloading the pictures from facebook. You would think that after I deleted the pics they would have been gone. When I restart the tablet the window comes up and shows the long numbers of each pic and each one says pic successfully downloaded gees I'm stumped. How do I take screenshots? Thankyou

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Use the file manager to see if those are in the download folder. Something must be telling (I'm guessing the FB app) your downloads to appear on the desktop when downloaded.

Musing

Aug 27, 2012
For the download arrows go to your apps open the Downloads App (square box with big arrow pointing down) Tap "other download" on top right then tap "clear list" at the bottom.

patsyscloud

Sep 19, 2014
Hi I am so confused I went to application manager to downloaded apps there is no box or arrow or anything that says clear.

patsyscloud

Sep 19, 2014
OK my husband figured out how to remove those Arrows just hold your finger on them and when it goes black slide it and remove. Wow he is smart Thankyou for helping me. Pat