[SOLVED] Screen Goes Dim Only When Reading Kindle Books

BlessedBarb

May 13, 2016
I had the identical problem--no idea what caused it to shift to a dimmer mode. The screen was so dim that I couldn't see the font size icon without taking my Samsung Tab 3 into a dark room. Once I saw it, the fix was exactly as you describe. Thank you!
Hi, I also had this problem a short time ago and I found a solution *thanks to whoever gave it to me. For some odd reason the option to keep the display bright is not found under settings in the Android app, but under the font settings. If you tap the centre of your screen whilst reading your book the icons will appear at the top of your screen. Click the font size icon, and a drop down list of settings will appear. The one at the bottom deals with brightness. To be honest, it's not really too clear either, but I just clicked on it and when I exited my screen was working brightly again - and didn't go off to a dim past when I restarted the Kindle App.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU! Did just as you said and AMAZING it is Readable again.........wish I had researched this last night................a night without reading is a real loss.

BlessedBarb

May 13, 2016
THANK YOU, THANK YOU! Did just as you said and AMAZING it is Readable again.........wish I had researched this last night................a night without reading is a real loss.

j9chambers

Jun 25, 2016
Hi, I also had this problem a short time ago and I found a solution *thanks to whoever gave it to me. For some odd reason the option to keep the display bright is not found under settings in the Android app, but under the font settings. If you tap the centre of your screen whilst reading your book the icons will appear at the top of your screen. Click the font size icon, and a drop down list of settings will appear. The one at the bottom deals with brightness. To be honest, it's not really too clear either, but I just clicked on it and when I exited my screen was working brightly again - and didn't go off to a dim past when I restarted the Kindle App.
Thank you, that

MacUpNorth

Nov 11, 2016
THANKS! I have been rebooting my Nook T+ every time this happened. Two fingers dragged up and down screen works great.

Jayne2017a

Mar 5, 2017
Sorry, was tapping center of screen but no any font settings appears!
Tablet is samsung tab 3 8.0, and that darkening of the screen during reading Kindle
books happened maybe after apgrading to Android 4.4.
Please help!
I tapped the middle of the page I was trying to read when the font came up on the top right I clicked on it I got this screen and managed to sort out the brightness

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170305-123416.png
    Screenshot_20170305-123416.png
    99.3 KB · Views: 468

Morrison0

Nov 30, 2017
I registered just to say thank you. Reading in the daylight outside was nearly impossible the screen was so dark it was hard to make out the words. You probably won't see this since this post is over 3 years old but if you do thanks again you probably saved me from many headaches!