[SOLVED] Security Certificate Problem

sosemple

Apr 8, 2013
Hi I am new to this site. I am also new to posting threads. But just retired, got new tablet a couple of months ago and just got new computer. I will get on top of this, at least enough for my satisfaction!! So I just got my computer a couple of weeks ago and have been neglecting my tablet so not real sure when this problem started with it (the tablet). Having problems with security: "There are problems with the security certificate for this site". "The site's security certificate is not trusted..." Have tried going to settings and unconnecting to my Wi-Fi and starting over. Have tried going to my gmail, going to Force Stop and Clear data. These did not work. What other suggestions are there? Everything is fine on my computer. Thank you so much.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
You should still be able to view the website by pressing continue when you see the security warning. It is a little annoying but shouldn't really affect anything.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Sosemple, congratulations on your new Galaxy Tab and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. Enjoy your tablet and the forum!

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
You should still be able to view the website by pressing continue when you see the security warning. It is a little annoying but shouldn't really affect anything.
Except for the fact that the site to which you're connecting might not be the site to which you think you're connecting. Or somebody may have insinuated some snooping between you and the site. Or something evil may be mucking with your phone/tablet/computer.

Ignoring warnings about site security certs is a good way to cause yourself no end of problems.

My wife's Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 started doing that kind of thing, and experiencing other oddities. We finally had to factory-reset it to get it to behave again. I suspect it somehow got 0wn3d.

Jim

Last edited:

sosemple

Apr 8, 2013
Thanks to everyone. I can't continue by pressing continue or back or any other way I have tried. Basically, I can't get on the internet from any site. If I do a factory-reset, which I am clueless about, will I lose a movie that I downloaded to my tablet? I can't think of anything significant that I would actually lose except the movie,, but maybe I am just unaware. Are there any other ideas? This is for my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, like your wife's, Jim.

sosemple

Apr 8, 2013
Oh my gosh. I just fixed the problem. I read in another forum where someone else had a similar problem. After trying to fix it various ways, it was noticed that the time and date were off. After correcting them, all was fixed. Well, my time was originally okay, but I checked just to make sure. Sure enough, it was back in 2000 with some wild date and time. I corrected all in Settings and everything seems to be fine now!

tina.gordon

Oct 4, 2013
Oh my gosh. I just fixed the problem. I read in another forum where someone else had a similar problem. After trying to fix it various ways, it was noticed that the time and date were off. After correcting them, all was fixed. Well, my time was originally okay, but I checked just to make sure. Sure enough, it was back in 2000 with some wild date and time. I corrected all in Settings and everything seems to be fine now!

Thanks, I just fixed my wifes tablet by doing this. Steak for dinner, then!!!

pablotab

Sep 19, 2016
actually - better to check
Settings -> Security -> Trusted Credentials -- Make sure they are enabled with the green checkmark. I enabled them all (possible you may only need VeriSign Inc and such enabled) but I enabled them all --- and that fixed it for me