some questions about android before purchasing

koun

Nov 24, 2014
hey guys i'm planning to buy a android tablet but i'd like some questions answered before purchasing it.

i know this is a android tablet forum but what is the difference between android tablets and ipad and other tablets? only thing i know about android tablets is that it can multi task unlike other tablets. what can android tablets do that others can't?

can android tablets have 4g wifi like ipad? i know ipad users can use 4g wifi after they buy a little device that produces 4g signals or something like that.

how do you read the specs in android tablets like computers? like graphics card, processors, RAM, and stuff like that?

also when you type on android tablet is there a writing keyboard where you can just hand write your message with a pen sort of tool?

i want to know if downloading apps on android tablets is free or not, also do you need to jailbreak it or something?

also please recommend good websites to buy them for cybermonday.

your help is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
hey guys i'm planning to buy a android tablet but i'd like some questions answered before purchasing it.

i know this is a android tablet forum but what is the difference between android tablets and ipad and other tablets? only thing i know about android tablets is that it can multi task unlike other tablets. what can android tablets do that others can't?

You can typically do more with an Android tablet than you could with iPads mostly due to the open nature of the operating system. You have more choices about where you can find apps.

can android tablets have 4g wifi like ipad? i know ipad users can use 4g wifi after they buy a little device that produces 4g signals or something like that.

4G and WiFi are not quite the same things. All Android tablets can do WiFi but 4G tablets are typically sold by cell providers as are the 4G iPads. There are few USB 4G options but they can be tethered to phones or to portable 3G/4G hotspots.

how do you read the specs in android tablets like computers? like graphics card, processors, RAM, and stuff like that?

Graphics cards aren't list like they would be on a computer. It frequently is more a matter of the processor doing the graphics but some do specify graphics specific chips. You'll just need to do some research.

also when you type on android tablet is there a writing keyboard where you can just hand write your message with a pen sort of tool?

You should look at the Samsung tablet line as some are designed with a digitizer specifically designed to be used with a pen (S Pen) that they come with. Look at the Samsung Note line in particular but all current generation Android tablets can be used with a capacitive stylus or your finger.

i want to know if downloading apps on android tablets is free or not, also do you need to jailbreak it or something?

Most of the apps on the Google and Amazon store are in fact free. There is normally no reason to jailbreak, (called rooting) and Android tablet because it is already more flexible that an iPad

koun

Nov 24, 2014

You can typically do more with an Android tablet than you could with iPads mostly due to the open nature of the operating system. You have more choices about where you can find apps.

4G and WiFi are not quite the same things. All Android tablets can do WiFi but 4G tablets are typically sold by cell providers as are the 4G iPads. There are few USB 4G options but they can be tethered to phones or to portable 3G/4G hotspots.

Graphics cards aren't list like they would be on a computer. It frequently is more a matter of the processor doing the graphics but some do specify graphics specific chips. You'll just need to do some research.

You should look at the Samsung tablet line as some are designed with a digitizer specifically designed to be used with a pen (S Pen) that they come with. Look at the Samsung Note line in particular but all current generation Android tablets can be used with a capacitive stylus or your finger.

Most of the apps on the Google and Amazon store are in fact free. There is normally no reason to jailbreak, (called rooting) and Android tablet because it is already more flexible that an iPad

wow thank you very much friend! now i'm completely clear!