Sony Experia Tablet Z Discussion Thread

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
My tablet Z is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow! Anyone that pre-ordered it will probably get it around the same time. Time for you to get with the program! Probably end up talking to myself. :eek:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Congrats! I don't have a pre-order on the way but at least you won't be talking to yourself ;) I'm anxious to get the comparo results to the S Tab.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Yeah me too! It came today! starting to download some apps. Sony Reader app keeps saying the clock may be wrong and won't let me log in. Maybe because I haven't added it as a device to my account yet. Can I use bluetooth to copy apps from the S Tablet?

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Time- 8:00 am

From Power Down to Power Up;
Z= 25 seconds
S=1 minute 15 seconds

Compared the same picture on both tablets and the Z had much nicer resolution.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Sounds like you got the time straightened out. If not you just need to set it manually at first then once connected you can set it back to auto. Not surprised about the screen resolution :) As far as apps they should all be in your Amazon and Play Store accounts. Play store usually does an auto setup on a new device and you can tell it to sync and install all your apps. I suggest doing both manually though so you don't end up with a bunch of stuff you don't want.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Yup, did that yesterday (sync'd Google Play Store). It has been easy to download the apps. Watched a little bit of Lethal Weapon, which is one of the movies I ripped to take along on the trip. Obviously picture quality is much better, but so is the sound. So far, all the apps work with Jellybean, which probably isn't much of a surprise. Now the main problem is, my wife really wants one too! She wasn't going to let me take both the s and the Z on the trip, until I said she could play with the Z. :)

It is thinner and lighter then anything you might be used to. The clock problem was that I had it set 12 hrs behind. DUH!! Battery is still at 69% (at 14:30). Sony S is at 58% even though I have used the Z a whole lot more.

8 mp camera with Zoom lens controlled by the volume control! 7 different shooting modes and 9 different viewing modes! In the Superior auto mode you can instantly switch from still shot to video, without missing a thing!

Anything specific you would like checked?

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
8 mp camera with Zoom lens controlled by the volume control! 7 different shooting modes and 9 different viewing modes! In the Superior auto mode you can instantly switch from still shot to video, without missing a thing!

Anything specific you would like checked?

And yet not a single picture of a bear :rolleyes:

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Tike scares them away and they are smart enough not to come out in this rain. :)

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
The tablets have been on, and running on battery for 9 1/2 hrs. Z has 48% battery left and I have been using it fir reading and wi-fi. S has 43% battery power and it has not been used since this morning.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
The S sounds like it has some sleep issues. That is too much drain for just sitting. You must have a rouge app or an app set to frequently check something like email of gps location.

It you want to post Antutu or Quadrant benchmark scores of each that would be nice :)

elsuirad

Jul 28, 2011
Will definitely get that one for me too! Tnx for the heads up!

Sent from my A500 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Z, powered up 12 hrs and used a good deal of that time and still had 30% battery. Yeah the S will wake up for no reason. I usually have it plugged in, so never noticed. I will download Antutu tomorrow. Hope it come with instructions!

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Better take a swig of your coffee (or beer) before powering up, because you will not have time to do that while it boots. It is that quick! Used the Z almost exclusively yesterday. Gave it an intensive workout, downloading apps, checking email and being on the web. 8 hrs later, it still had 39% battery.

I am running an AnTuTu Battery test on them both now. I have results for the Benchmark on the Z but it doesn't want to work on the S.

Last edited:

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
I stopped testing after 30 minutes. The Z had used 16% of it's battery and the temp was 37.4c. The S used 8% of it's battery and temp was 26.7c.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
JP, I have a question- I bought a tablet Z for my wife. Most of the time it is fine, but a lot of the time the screen will flutter. Or if she is reading, the font size goes wacko. Is there something in the settings I could change, or does it need to be sent back? She had the brightness set way low, so I moved it up to about 1/2 to see if that will help. Thanks!