Sony S1 Tablet won't charge, battery problem

ajuanc5

Jul 21, 2012
I have bought my sony s1 tablet the day it came out in September 2011
Overall I was happy with the purchase but recently I had a problem turning on the device
I couldn't turn on the screen and tried everything (including pressing the power botton and volume up)
Nothing worked so decided to press the reset bottom and that seemed to fix the problem
since the tablet finally turned back on
I charged the tablet and went to sleep
but the following day I realized the tablet did not charge
the battery kept on going down eventhough it was on charge and not in use

did this occure to anyone else? if so what should I do to fix this problem?

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
When something like that happened to my nook, it was my charger fault ,it didn't work anymore and I got a new one.
Btw...welcome to the forum!

rayrdod

Apr 14, 2012
I have bought my sony s1 tablet the day it came out in September 2011
Overall I was happy with the purchase but recently I had a problem turning on the device
I couldn't turn on the screen and tried everything (including pressing the power botton and volume up)
Nothing worked so decided to press the reset bottom and that seemed to fix the problem
since the tablet finally turned back on
I charged the tablet and went to sleep
but the following day I realized the tablet did not charge
the battery kept on going down eventhough it was on charge and not in use

did this occure to anyone else? if so what should I do to fix this problem?

well luckily should still be covered with warrenty which is where mine is now i wonder was urs the sgpt111us/s as well got mine in november...but mine had a glitch or two reset wiped my cards then one night the screen just froze on the sony logo... after rest i found it may be a piece on the motherboards of this model as it was the first here i believe now if he or you plug in many usb or hard drives there could be another cause if either had linux it was crash the tablet...or a seagate external is known to cause issues. my advice:

bite the bullet send it to be fixed while still under warrenty otherwise even if you manage to work around this and the next issue is the motherboard. its free and you get it back in 5-8 days not bad... if you own a laptop with the same plug adapter trade it out make sure the blue lights are comming on the battery pack. dont leave charging in case covered or where the fans cant cool it can get fairly hot lastly could be a button connection issue or try letting it die entirely overnight.

then recharge and when charged remove plug even though your scared it wont hold that last update push was really buggy for my particular model
any questions feel free to ask i should get mine back in a few days so maybe i can help mine froze completely after it started doing that my repair center was in texas as i am in arkansas so not far at all

hope this helped