sony tablet s apps not working / play store not working... HELP!

Discussion in 'Sony Tablet S' started by velgor, Jan 31, 2014.

1. velgor

velgor Member

Tablet / Device:
    Sony Tablet S
    I've just got hold of an old but unused Tablet S (possibly an ex-demo) and am having nothing but trouble getting it up and running.

It's running Android 4.0.3 and most of the OS seems to work (it boots properly, wifi works, gps works etc) but can't get the Play Store to download anything (just hangs on 'downloading'). The browser is no better - I get about three or four pages in and the whole thing grinds to a halt. Possibly wouldn't be an issue if I could download Chrome but the Play Store doesn't work etc etc!

Less important to me (but possibly related) various apps (camera, walkman, gallery) fail on startup. I just get a 'camera has stopped working' message or similar. There is also some screen flicker but nothing major.

The issue doesn't appear to be wifi (maps/directions work fine) and I've tried a factory reset (several times!).

Any ideas welcome!

2. leeshor

leeshor Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
    I would have suggested the factory reset but since you tried that I suggest doing it again, but do not allow any apps to installed that had been installed until you find that it's stable and the Store works. There have been cases where a single factory reset didn't have the desired effect but another one finally did.

3. velgor

velgor Member

Tablet / Device:
    Sony Tablet S
    Thanks. I've lost count of the number of factory resets I've tried! Everything in the store seems to work except the downloads. I've tried just downloading one small (<1mb) app in case there's an issue with large downloads but that just hangs on 'downloading' as well...

4. leeshor

leeshor Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
    I think you may want to check the link I have below and look for my WiFi tips thread. Something there may lead to a solution. You're running out of other options.