Sony Tablet S bluetooth failed to receive some file types

camsaw

Aug 22, 2012
Hi all,
My Tablet S is running on ICS. When paired the tablet with my Nokia 5530 using Bluetooth, it has no problem receiving pictures and musics from the Nokia. However, in these days I tried to transfer files with extension ".bin" from Nokia phone to the tablet, the phone keep coming out a message "Sending Failed".

After some tests I found the file transfer will work if I change the file name extension to ".txt", ".zip" or ".jpg" etc. on the Nokia phone side. But it's very inconvenient to rename the extension file by file as I have near a hundred of files to go with.

It seems that Tablets S have some kind of filtering mechanism that makes the bluetooth reject incoming files with some out-of-ordinary extensions (such as .bin). It there a configuration or anything I can do to remove such filtering so I can transfer any file I want into the tablet?

Thanks!!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
This is probably a safety feature so that you can't have bad code (virus or malware) beamed to your phone. More than likely you'd have to make the changes at a system level using ADB.