SONY Tablet S Restore Image For SD Card

soilchemist

Nov 26, 2013
I managed to mess up my SONY tablet. I was doing a hard restore and when the tablet restarted it just stayed on the boot screen (moving yellow graphic). It stayed on that for 4 hours before I just shut it down by holding the power button.

Is it possible to restore it from the SD card? I was trying to find an OS image to use (I live in the United states)

I would like to avoid having to send it to SONY for repair. I purchased it 2+ years ago so it is out of warranty.

any help appreciated.

soilchemist

Nov 26, 2013
I contacted SONY support and they said there is no such thing as a "restore image."
The plan is to send the tablet to sony for repair, but I am not sure what that will cost. they will let me know when they diagnose the problem.
If the repair cost is close to the cost of getting another used SONY S tablet I was considering buying one and trying to make a backup of the operating system to the SD card and restoring it to my "broken" tablet.

Is this a reasonable approach or am I missing major ideas in the concept of how to restore an image?

thanks

omarcom

Jul 6, 2015
I have the same problem needed to image file to download entire system android device
thank you