Sony Tablet S Won't Start

jcscrogs

Oct 22, 2011
I usually turn the power off before I go to sleep, but I didn't this time and I go to hit the power button to bring it out of sleep mode and it won't turn on, it has been sitting on the charging dock for a few weeks now (I have been using it as a deskclock a lot for now) - I have tried holding the power button, pressing the reset button (never holding the reset button), but nothing I have tried works. Any suggestions for solutions is appreciated.

Any word on Ice Cream Sandwich coming to this tablet? More games through Playstation?

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Glad we could help. :) I usually do not power off at night.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum

sonytab2112

Nov 20, 2011
I had mine do that too a couple days ago. nothing would work to get it out of sleep than all of a sudden it turns on after I try a little while later.

NorCalS

Oct 16, 2011
HELP!!

This happened to me 24 hours ago and I can get it to work!

I notice that this issue started after installing the free games from the PS Store.....

I can hear the wake-up click, but no screen.....I just finished tuning it up.

Any input would be great

NorCalS

Oct 16, 2011
Called Sony Support

Reset pinhole DOES NOT REST TO FACTORY - Reboots the device

Fixed issue.

Priority Service (US only - Long distance charges may apply): 239-245-6476
Toll Free Service: 1-855-476-6982

AlexVM

Dec 22, 2011
This is horrible . all day my tablet woulnt turn on , i wake up with a charge so full that i had to cover the blinking green light blasting me . AND IT WOULNT TURN ON ! all day , reset button worked for me but this is horrible , who resets there device three weeks after getting it .. why cant thngs work the way they say it will ! three weeks after buying it? jesus im embarrassed , how meny people ive been trying to purchase this device . is it worth going to best buy to get a new one ? will they ever have llocations for technical support? even the lag from typing on the forum is torture . i could never wait two weeks to repair a problem ! im not a kid

AlexVM

Dec 22, 2011
tell meAlex youre to strong for this tablet , tell me Alex we arent reliable enough for you to use our products for serious work ...Because i work seriously , and i take my tablet scaring me seriosly , as serious as i am when i convince half a dozen people to buy this tablet.. and if the reset botton doesnt always fix it , it seems like iit hasnt for some of you .. if i cant get support for this then 'i dont know what to do !

Last edited:

kiaseng

May 13, 2012
I know im late, but this happen to me also. I remember seeing on a review, that if this happen u should hold the power button then press vol up. It work for me.

Wonderful, is nvr too late! You saved my day. Holding the power button then press vol up do work.
My tablet then restart!

rossjhsn

Dec 28, 2010
Try turning off Wi-Fi before letting it go to sleep. It worked for me. Apparently some notification condition turns off display, but you can see the green notification blinking when connected to power. This did not happen before icecream 4.0.3.

jambo15

May 21, 2012
I know im late, but this happen to me also. I remember seeing on a review, that if this happen u should hold the power button then press vol up. It work for me.

Hi your the first one i tried worked fine many thanks

Cyberjam

Mar 14, 2012
Thank the creator of light for this forum. I couldn't get my tablet started for 2 days and was starting to think it might be something to do with the major Android upgrade. Holding down the power button then pressing volume up got it started.

JonL1985

Jun 25, 2012

Thanks, my tablet didn't turn on for nearly a full day. This worked. Thank you.