Sony Tablet S Won't Start

hejja

Aug 2, 2012
Hi
I have a different problem. Ty Sony Tablet S won't start. The situation you described above happened to me few times but now when I turn on the tablet all i can get is Sony logo, then it blikns for a second and freezes at logo again. Help!

mbasker

Apr 15, 2012
Hi
I have a different problem. Ty Sony Tablet S won't start. The situation you described above happened to me few times but now when I turn on the tablet all i can get is Sony logo, then it blikns for a second and freezes at logo again. Help!

Mine's just started doing this too. Power and Vol up doesn't work - pin in the reset hole reboots but doesn't get past the screen saying 'Sony' :-(

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Be sure it is all the way powered down by holding the power button in for at least 10 seconds. Give it a rest and then hold the power button in for 3 seconds. It probably isn't that simple of a fix, but worth a try.

mbasker

Apr 15, 2012
Be sure it is all the way powered down by holding the power button in for at least 10 seconds. Give it a rest and then hold the power button in for 3 seconds. It probably isn't that simple of a fix, but worth a try.

Yep, tried that. Finally managed to get into recovery mode, even a full factory reset doesn't let it power on :-( Email sent to Sony tech support...

hejja

Aug 2, 2012
I got it to the recovery mode and choose to restart... now I'm stuck at the loading animation (the orange lines)

Last edited:

hejja

Aug 2, 2012
Now in recovery mode i've got an extra info abiut my errors

E:Fail to read boot logo flag
E:Can't open /dev/block/mmcblk0p5
(no such file or directory)
E:failed to mount /cache (No such file or directory)
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/command
E:failed to mount/cache (No such file or directory)
E:failed to mount/cache (No such file or directory)

Please help!
Will rooting my device help? (Android ICS, EU version)

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Sounds like a job for JP! He addressed a similar situation a couple days ago but I can't remember which thread.

elioadrover

Aug 18, 2012
Hello, I had a similar problem to some of you, my tablet would not start and I had to reset to factory.

Caution! all data will be lost. (photos, apps, etc..)

1 - turn off the device by pressing for more than 10 seconds the power key and restart the hole.
2 - Start the tablet precionas the power button and the volume key + together for more than three seconds.
3 - follow the instructions to reset the tablet to factory.

Watch out! all data are lost. (photos, apps, etc..). It wasn't a problem for me because it wast new.

sorry for my English :-(

hejja

Aug 2, 2012
Hello, I had a similar problem to some of you, my tablet would not start and I had to reset to factory.

Caution! all data will be lost. (photos, apps, etc..)

1 - turn off the device by pressing for more than 10 seconds the power key and restart the hole.
2 - Start the tablet precionas the power button and the volume key + together for more than three seconds.
3 - follow the instructions to reset the tablet to factory.

Watch out! all data are lost. (photos, apps, etc..). It wasn't a problem for me because it wast new.

sorry for my English :-(

I've tried that. Not working

mbasker

Apr 15, 2012
Yep, tried that. Finally managed to get into recovery mode, even a full factory reset doesn't let it power on :-( Email sent to Sony tech support...
So, tablet picked up on 16th August with a quoted 3-5 working day turnaround. One new motherboard later, it was returned working (so far) on 24th September. Must be loads failing, it was waiting for parts for the majority of that time.