Sony Tablet Won't Boot Past Sony Screen

Npou

Jun 18, 2012
Hi everyone, my Sony Tablet S was freezing a lot so i had to press the reset button, when i tried turning it back on stayed on booting screen with sony logo .

I tried all the options on the recovery screen i accessed there by pressing the volume(+) and power button, i tried resetting it to factory settings and it STILL won't work, when i tried reseting it to factory settings this is what appears on m screen.

E: Fail to read boot logo flag
E: Cant Open / Dev/block/mmcblk0p5
(No Such file or directory)
E: Failed to Mount /cache (No such file or directory)
E: Cant mpunt/ cache/recovery/command
E: failed to mount /cache (No such file or directory)
E: failed to mount /cache (No such file or directory)

There is also an option to update system from sd card, but i can't find the OS, please someone help:(

Haisook

Mar 22, 2012
My tablet is also stuck, but at the animating yellow ribbon thing. I wonder if there is anything else to do before factory resetting?
Any fixes that I can put on the SD card?

mfrade

Jun 30, 2012
I have the same problem since two days ago. Called Sony US tablet support team and they asked me to open a service repair. Something related to an internal memory fail issue.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
I have no idea if this will work, but try holding the power button for 10 seconds to force a shut down. Then hold it in again for 3 seconds to power it back up.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Bummer, sorry. My daughter has had good luck with Sony support.

devo6699

Aug 25, 2012
Had same problem. Called sony and they had me send it to them for repair.
4 weeks later and they tell me it's the mother board that is shot.
They are going to send me a new sony Xperia at the end of September:)

turbofox

Mar 18, 2012
My tablet is also stuck, but at the animating yellow ribbon thing. I wonder if there is anything else to do before factory resetting?

Factory reset will not help. It is a problem with Android 4.0. It naturally bricks the tablet. The same happened to me in July and i opened a service request for it. It took about 6 weeks back and forth. Sony gave a new sealed in box replacement saying it was an internal memory error.

binhphu99

Jan 26, 2013
I also have exact this problem. Following this steps:

1. With the tablet completely off, press and hold the Volume Up (+) button, and while continuing to hold that button, press and hold the Power for several seconds.
  2. This time, once the Sony logo appears let go of the Power button but continue to hold the Volume Up (+) button until the Android system recovery screen is displayed.
  3. Once the Android system recovery screen is displayed, release the Volume Up (+) button.
  4. In the Android system recovery screen, use the Volume Down (-) button to highlight the Reset to factory settings option.
  5. Quickly press the Power button.
  6. In the Reset to factory settings: Confirm reset screen, use the Volume Down (-) button to highlight the Yes -- delete all user data option.
  7. Quickly press the Power button.
Good luck!

Ciano

Jul 5, 2015
I have had mine fir about 4/5 years and its been relatively ok sometimes it turns of or wont open apps and only has good internet connection at my house.but recently I turned it off and now it wont turn on it stays on the yellow ribbon loading I left it overnight to see but when I woke up it was still goin anyway of solving this ?