Sound problem with nookcolor

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
i just bought a nook color off a guy who got it as a present - so this makes my second nook - i already rooted the first one - my process:

1) power on NC, go through the normal process to register, add gmail account etc..
2) update to BN 1.0.1 - this is not displayed in the barnes and noble software page as they are only showing ver 1.1 now but here's a direct link to it http://images.barnesandnoble.com/presources/download/nookcolor/v1.0.1/Sideload_update.zip

---to install this update --- here's BN's instructions
a. From your computer, click here for the software update file. Select Save and select Desktop as the location. Do NOT modify or change the downloaded file's name in any way. Do NOT open the *.ZIP file.
b. Tap Settings on your NOOKcolor's Quick Nav Bar, then tap Device Info and make sure your NOOKcolor battery charge is at 20% or more.
c. Connect your NOOKcolor to your computer using the USB cable that came with your NOOKcolor. A new, removable drive should show up in My Computer (Mac users will see the NOOKcolor drive appear on the desktop or in devices). You should also see a "USB Mode" message on your NOOKcolor screen.
d. From your computer, drag and drop the downloaded *.ZIP file onto the main directory of the NOOKcolor drive. Do NOT unzip the file. You should not create a new folder on the NOOKcolor drive or add the file to any other existing folder.
e. Eject or Safely Remove the NOOKcolor drive after the file transfer is complete.
f. Your NOOKcolor will automatically recognize the file after a few minutes or when it goes to sleep mode, and proceed to install the updates.
g. Please do not turn off your NOOKcolor during the installation process.
h. Once the installation is completed, your NOOKcolor will automatically restart and go to the Home screen.
i. On the bottom left status bar a green "n" will appear. Tap on it; the software has been successfully updated.

NOOKcolor must remain turned on while the update is being installed. Once the software is installed, NOOKcolor will reboot itself back to the Home screen. To verify you have the latest update, tap Settings from the Quick Nav Bar, tap Device Info, then tap About Your NOOKcolor and check to see that your software version is 1.0.1

3) once updated, root using the procedure outlined here: Auto-Nooter 2.12.25 (1.0.1 Only) - xda-developers
4) tested it, made sure things look good - from market downloaded ES File Manager, then Awesome Drop and used awesome drop to import a bunch of apk files - ROM Manager, Google Voice (older version 0.3.2 which supports SMS), SetCPU
5) Applied the Pre Rooted version 1.1 update as described here - [ROM] Nook Color V1.1.0 Pre-Rooted - xda-developers
6) Next i installed clockwork recovery and then the screamer OC as described here - http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...m-manager-nandroid-backup-custom-kernels.html
7) next i run SetCPU to set my overclock to 1.1GHz,
8) Fine tune SetCPU to optimize battery life - http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook-color-technical/5119-setcpu-settings-nookcolor.html

now i have an updated, rooted, stable and kick ass NC

No problem. I believe you can just update to 1.1, and lose root and then re root from there like you did before. I would wait to see what the answer to the question I asked in the other thread is first.

Last edited:

josue9

Dec 29, 2010
i just bought a nook color off a guy who got it as a present - so this makes my second nook - i already rooted the first one - my process:

1) power on NC, go through the normal process to register, add gmail account etc..
2) update to BN 1.0.1 - this is not displayed in the barnes and noble software page as they are only showing ver 1.1 now but here's a direct link to it http://images.barnesandnoble.com/presources/download/nookcolor/v1.0.1/Sideload_update.zip

---to install this update --- here's BN's instructions
a. From your computer, click here for the software update file. Select Save and select Desktop as the location. Do NOT modify or change the downloaded file's name in any way. Do NOT open the *.ZIP file.
b. Tap Settings on your NOOKcolor's Quick Nav Bar, then tap Device Info and make sure your NOOKcolor battery charge is at 20% or more.
c. Connect your NOOKcolor to your computer using the USB cable that came with your NOOKcolor. A new, removable drive should show up in My Computer (Mac users will see the NOOKcolor drive appear on the desktop or in devices). You should also see a "USB Mode" message on your NOOKcolor screen.
d. From your computer, drag and drop the downloaded *.ZIP file onto the main directory of the NOOKcolor drive. Do NOT unzip the file. You should not create a new folder on the NOOKcolor drive or add the file to any other existing folder.
e. Eject or Safely Remove the NOOKcolor drive after the file transfer is complete.
f. Your NOOKcolor will automatically recognize the file after a few minutes or when it goes to sleep mode, and proceed to install the updates.
g. Please do not turn off your NOOKcolor during the installation process.
h. Once the installation is completed, your NOOKcolor will automatically restart and go to the Home screen.
i. On the bottom left status bar a green "n" will appear. Tap on it; the software has been successfully updated.

NOOKcolor must remain turned on while the update is being installed. Once the software is installed, NOOKcolor will reboot itself back to the Home screen. To verify you have the latest update, tap Settings from the Quick Nav Bar, tap Device Info, then tap About Your NOOKcolor and check to see that your software version is 1.0.1

3) once updated, root using the procedure outlined here: Auto-Nooter 2.12.25 (1.0.1 Only) - xda-developers
4) tested it, made sure things look good - from market downloaded ES File Manager, then Awesome Drop and used awesome drop to import a bunch of apk files - ROM Manager, Google Voice (older version 0.3.2 which supports SMS), SetCPU
5) Applied the Pre Rooted version 1.1 update as described here - [ROM] Nook Color V1.1.0 Pre-Rooted - xda-developers
6) Next i installed clockwork recovery and then the screamer OC as described here - http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...m-manager-nandroid-backup-custom-kernels.html
7) next i run SetCPU to set my overclock to 1.1GHz,
8) Fine tune SetCPU to optimize battery life - http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook-color-technical/5119-setcpu-settings-nookcolor.html

now i have an updated, rooted, stable and kick ass NC

Hi! Then kernel for 1.1GHz is working fine and stable? I installed the 950MHz and working fine, but a few more Hz will be great! where can I find this kernel? Thanks!

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011