Sound quality on line out is awful.

godofallcows

Sep 4, 2011
I just got the tablet a few days ago and I love it, but on a line out into speakers the quality is horrible, it sounds like there are echos and the bass is bareky existant. I am rooted now, is there a way to deal with this? I plan on using the tablet for playing music on large soeakers, good quality headphones and in my car with an aux line. The quality of sound is just unacceptable for them. Is there a fix, is anyone else experiencing this?

Thank you!

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
There is no line out.
There is only a headphones jack. If you are trying to drive an amplifier with headphones output you can expect a lot of overdrive.

The tablet has dolbe built in. Are you using it? Do you have it set to voice or sometime?

kentuckyrandy

Aug 5, 2011
Try HDMI output, if you have a capable receiver.

The output music sound qualitly also depends on the source and quality of your audio files.

As said above, you may have to fool with the dolby settings a bit, on headphone out.

There are also converter boxes , to convert that to line out.

Last edited:

godofallcows

Sep 4, 2011
Try HDMI output, if you have a capable receiver.

The output music sound qualitly also depends on the source and quality of your audio files.

As said above, you may have to fool with the dolby settings a bit, on headphone out.

There are also converter boxes , to convert that to line out.

It's Spotify what I usually use. I have never had a problem with bad sound quality with it on any device before. I just found the Dolbe settings, I will fool with those thanks!

StoneKy

Jul 30, 2011
I plugged in a set of Boston Acoustics w/sub woofer and the sound was way better than I expected.

godofallcows

Sep 4, 2011
UPDATE!

I turned off Dolby Mobile and viola, instant amazing quality. I guess the Dolby is just really for the speakers, I get a nice full sound when turned off and plugged into surround speakers.

elsuirad

Jul 28, 2011
Mine's sounds OK for me.
Tested video capturing and sound output is good not muffled.
Played some music and video - OK. Even those converted videos by Xilisoft are also better.

Maybe to some units, speaker have some defective quality.