Speaker recommendation?

snapdragon

Oct 18, 2011
I've got a MID M806 8" tablet with a worthless built-in speaker. I've been using a pair of Logitech computer speakers, but I'd like something with a better sound. Every time I look for speakers, I find crappy $20 computer speakers (which I have) and $$$$$ surround-sound systems (which I don't need), but not very much in between.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a compact set of speakers (ideally that will fit on my nightstand) that sound good and cost under $100 or so?

Last edited:

snapdragon

Oct 18, 2011
Ok, since I didn't get a reply here, I'll answer it, just in case someone else runs across this thread and has the same question.

These come highly recommended by an IT guy at work, and the online reviews are also very positive. And at $54, they're also right in my price range.

http://www.amazon.com/Genius-317309...eakers/dp/B0056BPUQC/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
$31femcjN04L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Sparrowfeat

Oct 27, 2011
I've got a MID M806 8" tablet with a worthless built-in speaker. I've been using a pair of Logitech computer speakers, but I'd like something with a better sound.For More better sound you need to find & remove Duplicate iTunes,it makes your device work faster-iTunes duplicate finder Every time I look for speakers, I find crappy $20 computer speakers (which I have) and $$$$$ surround-sound systems (which I don't need), but not very much in between.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a compact set of speakers (ideally that will fit on my nightstand) that sound good and cost under $100 or so?
Htc hd7 bluetooth stereo headphones - htc hd7 bluetooth motorola s9-hd bluetooth stereo headphones for htc droid incredible 2, droid incredible s, droid incredible other verizon htc droid incredible accessories by motorola. Sprint mogul (htc) / ppc-6800 retractable stereo headphone (3 5mm htc oem (original) stereo hands-free headset premium wired earphones music earbuds 3 5mm headphones earpieces w microphone compatible with sprint samsung intercept. Htc stereo headphones with on/off (hs s200) htc hs s200 stereo headset - this original wired headset is comfortable and with simple controls very user-friendly.

snapdragon

Oct 18, 2011
If I'm reading correctly, you're giving me recommendations for headphones? I don't want headphones or earbuds because I play music on my tablet while I'm sleeping. I ordered the Genius wood speakers and they should arrive today. I'll post here how I like them.

Last edited:

snapdragon

Oct 18, 2011
Ok, I got the Genius wood speakers that I posted above. Opened them, hooked them up, and tried them out. There is a short in the cable. I get a very loud hum and no sound most of the time. If I jiggle the jack and/or push it in really tight and hold it in, I get sound, but it won't stay on. I'll be contacting Amazon about returning them.

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
What happened? Did you get a replacement set and are happily listening to tunes now snapdragon? :D

Edited to add: I am thinking we'll need an external speaker when we get our tablet, and I am wondering if the Music Bullet might be a cheap but decent speaker. We don't need to have stereo, small and easily portable and inexpensive would be what we're looking for in a external speaker. :)

Last edited: