Speakers work with headphones

lilrooster

Aug 5, 2011
Anyone else notice that the speakers are still working when the headphones are plugged in? I use this a lot while waiting at my various Dr. appointments and I really dislike the fact that the speakers do not shut off when a set of headphones are plugged in. Has anyone found a way to stop this from happening? If so what did you do to make it stop?

StoneKy

Jul 30, 2011
Do you have the headphone jack fully inserted? Have you tried a different set of headphones?

Ducksy

Aug 5, 2011
Yeah! I used my headphones last night, my wife told me the speaker sound was still on, be it low volume, and I use the same headphones with my Acer liquid E phone I do not have that problem.

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
sounds like the port is not disconnecting the connection.
If headphone ports are like they were years ago, when you plug in the headphone jack it fiscally separates a connection thus cutting out power to the speakers. Thus in your case the connection is too tight and does not separate.

StoneKy

Jul 30, 2011
Just plugged in 2 different headphones. Both totally shut off the external speakers. I did notice that when I removed them then the player went into pause and had to restart the player.

lilrooster

Aug 5, 2011
Not really sure what the deal was, working fine now.... I did push them in to make sure they were tight, and it worked! They were plugged in fully, but it just needed a bit more pressure. I think that connection may have been stuck. Works great now, unplugged and replugged several times, works just like it should now.