Speed tweaks

PeoplePhobic

Mar 21, 2012
Howdy. I'm using a Nook Color with CM 9 nightlies. I'm new to this forum and I was wondering what people here are using as far as settings or apps to increase speed on their nooks.
I played with a transformer tab in Best Buy the other day and now my nook feels really, really slow.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Well, you can't really compare the two honestly. It is like comparing a Toyota Corolla to a Corvette (entry level car vs. performance car). Here is a side by side but you may have been looking at a different model of Transformer Eee Pad Transformer TF101 vs. Nook Color | The Verge.

Running CM9 you can go into settings and overclock the CPU up to 1.2 GHz with he standard settings. You can use Nook Tweaks for more control over the performance profile and overclocking. CM9 is still in development and isn't really even in beta yet. There are bound to be improvements as things progress. Still you can't expect miracles.

As CM9 sits right now with a 1.1GHz overclock I get about 1650 on Quadrant, just running in daily config not trying for high scores. Considering a stock Nook scores about 950, that is about a 75% boost in performance. Under some builds of CM7 people have scored as high as 3500. You can check this thread to see some scores http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...6579-nook-performance-increases-settings.html.