Spell Check on Note 10.1

n0m0n

Jul 31, 2010
Hello, I have not installed any 3rd party keyboard because I didn't know if changing would change the sPen functionality. That said I was wondering how I can get the spell check that I thought was part of the android OS? I have a Razr Maxx HD and it has a spell check that I can access within settings Language Input as well I have this option on my Samsung Nexus phone. Right now when I type a message within the mail app or anywhere the spell check doesn't appear. Thanks

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
First, I don't think a third part keyboard would affect the pen input, but also there are some apps that don't support the spell check you may already have in the system. I suggest Hacker Keyboard to try it out. In the options you can download a specific dictionary. If for some reason it does not do what you need it may be the app at fault. Hacker Keyboard is free and if something does go south just uninstall it.

n0m0n

Jul 31, 2010
So the Note 10.1 doesn't come with a default spell check function?
As I said in the OP my Samsung Nexus phone (first gen) does have a spell check on it and I've upgraded to JB.

Thanks

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
So the Note 10.1 doesn't come with a default spell check function?
As I said in the OP my Samsung Nexus phone (first gen) does have a spell check on it and I've upgraded to JB.

Thanks

Not really what I said, I don't know for sure. The big point I was making is that some apps don't care if your keyboard/tablet has spell checking or not. If you see any options for a dictionary under settings > input you may indeed have one but it may not be available where you need it.