Spell Check

britinva

Jun 30, 2011
First sorry if wrong forum.

So 4.0 introduced spell check. I see that words get underlined (both correct & incorrect) but when I click on it I get no suggestion just ability to add to a custom dictionary.

Im I missing some thing? Do I need to load a dictionary for spell check to use or do I really have to manually create a dictionary?

Samsung 10.1 tablet runing ver 4.04

Thanks,
Mark

britinva

Jun 30, 2011
Thanks for this but I don't have a system/app folder - I tried both My Files and ES File Exporer - is it a hidden folder? Don't see a way to unhide - I checked show hidden files.

britinva

Jun 30, 2011
Ok, found how to get to root and now see system/app folder but cannot paste the files

Last edited:

britinva

Jun 30, 2011
In ES File Manager --> Root Settings I have enabled "Up to Root" but the "Mount File System" option is not selectable :confused:

Do I need to root my tablet? If there any other way to get the dictionarys load - seems bizarre that its not easier.

Last edited:

britinva

Jun 30, 2011
Is it just me or is it odd that Google create a capability and a) make it so hard for "Joe Public" to use amd b) you have to hack the OS to do it. Shocking!

britinva

Jun 30, 2011
You could use an alternate keyboard that does spellcheck and doesn't need root access. Check out hackers keyboard.
So I installed 'Hackers Keyboard' and the 'English Completion Language' but when I type an email with miss-spelt words I don't get an underline and don't see option to check spelling. Am I missing something?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
So I installed 'Hackers Keyboard' and the 'English Completion Language' but when I type an email with miss-spelt words I don't get an underline and don't see option to check spelling. Am I missing something?

That may have more to do with the mail client. Try Kaiten mail. $5 US but designed for tablets and more feature rich than the default mail client - which I have used in so long I forgot what it looks like.