Squareup App Compatibility

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
Alan why not try installing the market? Or did they just say it wont work with the kyros period?

Sent from my MID7015

From what i have checked. The app doesn't come up when you search for it just the calculator app comes up... If you can find the APK for this app then install thru your file manager, then maybe theres away to install it into the tablet....

piersol

Nov 12, 2011
Ive bought a Pandigital device with android then the Kyros tablet android based. Neither worked, rooted or not because GPS is required on the device.

I use Square daily for our Massage Therapy Center and have processed over $70,000 worth this last year with them. We LOVE SQUARE!

But I wanted my clients to sign on a LARGER device than the small phone we use. So the latest purchase was a "FlyTouch 5" or SuperPad III as its also called. Its a nice 10" device with GPS. I just knew this would work as it is android 2.3.

Unfortunately, the earphone piece does not recognize the dongle/swiper for what I believe to be that it is a stereo only headset jack.

So now that I have spent enough $ to have bought a IPAD from the start, I have on the way the TOSHIBA THRIVE. Ill let ya know if this device finally achieves the end goal of using the Square Application properly.

onokaya

Jan 7, 2012
Bought the Coby Kryos midi7012. Downloaded the android Market through "daprospecta" on Youtube and his "G tablet" link. Then the Square apk.

Got the square on the device but the dang dongle wouldnt work. tried connecting it through the usb via a headphone jack converter and still nothing. I might try a mic jack converter but yikes this is a crazy lot of work.

I can use it as a manual entry device but then I cannot accept cards from other country's as you need to enter a valid USA zip code. Also Sq will hold any manual entry's over $1000 in one week for 30 days(though they did waive that for me)