start hacking android device

ledzgio

Oct 3, 2011
Hi to all,

I am new to android hacking world and I need some general information in order to start hacking:

- where can I find resources for hacking? such as guides for rooting a generic device, recovery, boot, etc.

- I have a tablet, is the mediacom 810C and I want to try to get root permissions on it. How can I start doing it? what I need to get root permissions? can I make use of tools like Revolutionary?

- once I got the root permission, I can change the system and put a new rom but, can I use any recovery such as Clockwork Mod recovery or Armor without care about the phone model? what about the boot image?

- If I want to build from source my own rom, where can I find the drivers for my device? can I extract them from the stock rom?

thanks to everybody

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
This is all pretty dependent on the specific device you have. There are major differences across all of the different models, but once you have a specific tablet in mind if you look in the sub-forum for that device you should find all the information you need.

As far as just general questions, click the Questions link in my signature and you will be taken to some good general FAQs and files including an overview of rooting.