Stealth Hydro Tablet

RapsonS

Nov 22, 2011
Hi

I am looking to buy my dad an android tablet for Xmas, for around the £200 mark. I've searched for hours and came across this one StealthX Hydro Tablet™ 10.2" Android 2.3 1.0GHz ARM Cortex-A9 Processor :: Android Tablets :: RetailGadgets.co.uk

It looks good if you ask me, 2.3 OS, 10 inch capacative touchscreen, flash etc. But obviously there are people on here who have a much better knowledge when it comes to this sorta stuff, and I was hoping to gather some opinions.. So what do you think?

There are a lack of reviews around for it, and I was wondering if anyone had one or had any thoughts?

Thanks in advance
Sean

Also, has anyone ever purchased from retailgadgets?

RapsonS

Nov 22, 2011
Sorry - if anyone else has any other recommendations for a better or similar for one around £200 then please let me know.. Thanks a lot! :D

dickens99

Nov 25, 2011

RapsonS

Nov 22, 2011
Thanks very much for your response!

Do you think it's worth getting then? Looking to order it very soon!

CarterHayman

Nov 27, 2011
Hello Rapson,

Thanks for letting me hear about the Stealth hydro tablet. Cool name for a cool gadget, perhaps I'll get one soon! Thanks again.:D

cupcake1973

Dec 1, 2011
I've just got one of these tablets as an early Christmas present - got it only yesterday as it happens. I was going to buy the JexTab 110 (Android Tablet PC, Windows Tablet PC, Android Pads, Tablet Computer) but they hiked the price up from £160 to £200 for virtually nothing extra, so I decided to look around.

Came across the StealthX by accident, did some reading of the specs and decided that it's better value for money than the JexTab version (which is incredibly similar). The only thing different I could find is the JexTab has better battery and better camera whereas the StealthX has better internal memory and a better price tag.

Having only used it for one day, I can't give too much review, except to say that so far I love it! It runs quickly, smoothly and without any glitches so far. Connected immediately to my wifi and setting up was simple - if you know Android 2.3 at all then everything is pretty easy. Internet runs nice and quickly too both in the default browser and Firefox that I added as a free app myself.

Screen is lovely and sharp and capacitive touch is well responsive and you don't have to mess around calibrating the screen or anything. Typing is easy, nice simple keyboard with nice response.

Played a racing game and that was ok. Graphics not as sharp as I expected, but it was a pre-loaded app and only the Lite version, so probably not one of the best to judge. The tilt/gyro response was very good though. Angry birds game was crisp and sharp, so no complaints there with the graphics.

Only thing I noticed was the battery life isn't the best. For surfing the net, playing a few games and generally messing about - which I was for about 3 hours with it, not fully charged out the box, it only went down to about a third life left - so not as bad as expected. I think that is pretty much the ONLY minor compromise with this tablet over more expensive models with better battery life.

Overall, after 3 hours of trying this out, I can say that, if you can live with the battery life compromise, then it's a very good tablet and well worth the £179 price tag. I'm not at all disappointed so far....

Good luck with whatever you decide.

ponyboy

Feb 8, 2012
hi all,
Bought the hydro steath as a xmas present for my son and for a month it was great. However, since then the damn thing freezes constantly, and when it unfreezes it opens an application i didnt ask for. Have tried the push in reset button and also the master factory reset from the settings menu. Retail Gadgets also sent me a link to the firmware upgrade, which i followed. Nothing seems to work! Any suggestions anyone? I can confirm that it is a repackaged zenithink 280, as that was the firmware link sent to me.
Any advice would be greatly received.
kind thanks, john