Stepping On The Dark Side...

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
I love Android and my Coby but I recently found out that I will most likely be receiving a free iPad2 from a client as a bonus. Not giving up my Coby but I am excited. If my Coby was just a little faster and stopped giving me so many FC messages on start up it would be perfect.

Anyone here have a Coby and an iPad? Do you enjoy having both?

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
I don't get FC's at startup anymore... Stripping the cruft and increasing the dalvik heap helped solve that problem.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

billquinn1

Dec 16, 2010
I love Android and my Coby but I recently found out that I will most likely be receiving a free iPad2 from a client as a bonus. Not giving up my Coby but I am excited. If my Coby was just a little faster and stopped giving me so many FC messages on start up it would be perfect.

Anyone here have a Coby and an iPad? Do you enjoy having both?

Fix_permissions is your friend. Google it up or I will write up a quickie tutorial.

Bill.

Joey1320

Nov 26, 2010
You will never go back to the Kyros after expending 10min with the ipad2.

I will paypal you $350 for the ipad if you don't want it. Dead serious.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Beeeeeeeeer

Jan 21, 2011
I have both. With l_n's recent work, the Coby is a great little device. If you haven't used his firmware, you must. That said, the iPad is on a different level than the Coby for a wide variety of reasons. There are things I like better with the Coby, and things I like better with the iPad. For the price of the cheapest iPad, I can have three Cobys for my family to use, all at the same time. And, I dont care if one happens to break at some point. I use both the Coby and iPad equally.

What I dislike the most about the iPad is iTunes and the overall nature of Apple's technical approach to things, not to mention business model. Yet I digress. That is why there is greenpois0n for the iPad...

jrsharp21

Jan 31, 2011
I have both. Well my wife has an iPad and me the Kyros. I can say that the iPad speed and ease of touch screen is very nice. But the Kyros does what I need it to and am very happy with it.