Steps to Get WiFi Connected If Having Problems

Xceller

Jul 29, 2013
I am having trouble connecting to Google Play. I don't know if this is at all related to the Wifi connection, but it can never establish a reliable connection to the server. I have a Hyundai A7ART.

pcooklin

Dec 5, 2013
What to do if you can't get connected to WIFI

There are several things you can do if you can't get connected to your WiFi hotpot or router.

1). Some channels work better than others. 1 and 6 are popular and work well for many people. If you can get connected at all, download WiFi Analyzer This app will give you an idea what channels may be available or over lapping with a nearby router.

2). Restart your router. This sounds simple but has been the solution for many people. Routers frequently accumulate garbage in the system that can be dumped by removing the power cord for at least 30 seconds then plugging it back in. After the router has made a connection, restart your tablet. You also should check to see if there is a firmware update for the router. That could make all the difference. In a few cases some people just replaced an really old router and ended up really happy they did.

3). As is the case with some other devices, Android tablets don't do a great job of telling you there is an error when inputting your password or passphrase. If your tablet says it is trying to connect for more than 10-15 seconds you may have mistyped the required information. It;s also possible it may just say "saved" and do nothing. Long press the connection and tell it to forget your credentials and try again. If your tablet at some point says saved but you are obviously not connected, you may have a poor signal from the router or you are too far away, or there is other interference or it can also happen at times if can't authenticate with the router correctly.

4). I have found that the most Android tablets don't work well or at all with WEP encryption on some routers, though some do work, so your may want to try useing WPA/WPA2 or equivalent. This is better security than WEP anyway. If you still can't connect but see a strong signal try no encryption long enough to determine that it is possible to connect and adjust accordingly.

5). In order to narrow the problem down, if all else is failing, try connecting to a public hotspot or a friend's router.

6) If 1-5 don't help, try a cold boot/start if your tablet has that function. At least turn it completely off and back on.

There are some things you can do to improve your WiFi. Cordless phones typically operate at 2.4 GHz, so do most of the tablets. Keep cordless phones as far away as possible from your WiFi router. Same applies to a microwave oven.

There are repeaters available. The best ones would be the same brand as the router but others work. ASUS has a portable router that can act as a repeater/extender for just about any router, model WL-330N3G. This mobile wireless router will also work with select 3G dongles.

Hello - we have an iDream Android tablet. It connecst to other wifi's but not our own. Ive tried the things above by changing the channels and also the security (WPA and WPA2) but it's still displaying 'saved/secure/connecting' but doesnt actually connect. Ive also restarted the tablet and router many times, still nothing. Any ideas?
Much appreciated.
Thank you.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I am having trouble connecting to Google Play. I don't know if this is at all related to the Wifi connection, but it can never establish a reliable connection to the server. I have a Hyundai A7ART.

If all your other WiFi is working OK the fastest solition would be to delete the Google account, restart and add it nack in again. This is probably not really a WiFi issue as far as I can tell.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Hello - we have an iDream Android tablet. It connecst to other wifi's but not our own. Ive tried the things above by changing the channels and also the security (WPA and WPA2) but it's still displaying 'saved/secure/connecting' but doesnt actually connect. Ive also restarted the tablet and router many times, still nothing. Any ideas?
Much appreciated.
Thank you.

Welcome to the forum

Find the connection and tap it, tell it to delete/forget. Restart the find it and add it back. If it works elsewhere and that doesn't work you may need to consider replacing the router or at least check for a firmware update.

1oldgamer

Dec 20, 2013
I've spent days searching for answers for my connection problem, including all of the tips in this forum and many others.
I tried everything...and I do mean everything. In the end, it turns out to be the simplest of fixes.
I was getting connection to my wireless router but NO Internet connection. I could PING from my router back to my tablet successfully.
But always got the status of "Service State - Out of Service".
Wireless icon would go to Blue when connection was made but after a few seconds, back to gray.
I stumbled on the solution when I finally noticed that the DATE on my tablet had somehow reset back to January 2010. No idea what caused it but when I reset the Date and Time manually on my tablet, everything went back to normal.
Sometimes it's the simplest and right IN YOUR FACE things that cause the most grief.
Hope this helps someone else out there who like me, was just about to toss my tablet in frustration.
Good luck.
1oldgamer

P.S.: After thinking more about it, I believe the hard reset of the date may have happened when the tablet was left unplugged for a long period of time and the system died.

Last edited:

d_rossi

Dec 27, 2013
Hi,
I've an Asus Memo Pad 10.
I've followed any step described above....
I still have the same problem: Searching for Wi-Fi networks.....
What I've done:
a) I upgrade the router (a NETGEAR DGN2200v3, just updated to the latest official firmware release): nothing...
b) I've tried to remove wi-fi password : nothing
c) I've tried several times to make a complete power off/on: nothing
d) I've tried to make a factory reset: nothing
e) I've tried other wi-fi: nothing

Near me I've more wi-fi network, an none is detected.
The connection worked for few hours, just after out of the box...then what I remember, I'd a "strange" behaviour, the date was "unexpectedly" changed ...
few minutes later the connection was off....and now it doesn't work....

There are other options?
Any way to make a complete "hardware reset" ?
It's strange because it worked for some times..and after it stopped....:)confused:)

Any help is appreciated....
Kind Regards,
DR

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
The connection worked for few hours, just after out of the box...then what I remember, I'd a "strange" behaviour, the date was "unexpectedly" changed ...few minutes later the connection was off....and now it doesn't work....DR

Hi again DR,

When I sent you to this thread yesterday, I was hoping you'd find a solution. It's sounding very much like that tablet is defective and you should return it. The fact it worked for a while doesn't mean anything, it's not uncommon for components to fail in the first hours of use. In fact, many manufacturers of quality electronics products used to "burn in" a new computer by running it several hours before shipping it to a customer to eliminate that problem. If it survived the burn in, the odds were pretty good it would last a long time.

However, if you still want to try a factory reset, click this link to http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/android-tablet-q/62022-how-do-i-factory-reset-my-tablet.html. If there isn't a post for your particular tablet there, try some of the methods for other tablets to see if one works for yours. Can't hurt, might help.

Good luck!

d_rossi

Dec 27, 2013
Hi Spider,
Thank you for your suggestions....I saw that link and I think it is my last option before try to change or repair the device.
I'll inform you about my test....now I'm just waiting a full battery charge....
Kind regards,
DR

d_rossi

Dec 27, 2013
Hi,
I've tried several configurations:
1: vol down + Power On
2: vol up + Power On
3: vol up+vol down + power On

None gives a result.....just with the first one I saw the date defined to 1/1/1970....but the wireless is still not working....
So I think that my last issue is to replace it or do service call...
I'll update my history asap.
Kind Regards,
DR

Hope2005

Jun 1, 2014
My apologies but I'm new here in a desperate attempt to fix my son's Kurio7 wifi issues. It keep resetting to "off" every time I try to put the wifi "on". I have tried factory reset etc and nothing works but all other devices in the house are connected to the wifi and working just fine. Can anyone help?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

I would see if it turns on outside the range of your WiFi. Do you have any task killers running and/or have you disabled any apps?

mwatt

Jun 29, 2014
Hello All! I have a proscan 7 tablet and my screen unfortunately got cracked recently. Does anyone know of a way to turn wifi on using the keyboard? I cannot slide the button from off to on because of my cracked screen. If anyone could help me out I would really appreciate it so I can use it until I can get it fixed!

digimom

Oct 5, 2014
Hi I have an irulu tablet. I have tried all of the steps here and still can not connect to my wifi. Can anyone help me plzz?