Stereo sound coming out of a single speaker

linux4kix

Sep 9, 2011
Was just trying to listen to music and noticed only one speaker was playing. Downloaded stereo test from the market and sure enough in both orientations both left and right channels are routed to a single speaker. In portrait mode the left speaker is used and landscape mode the right speaker is used. I have already filed a ticket with Vizio just wondering if other people had this problem.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

Tcsviz77

Sep 3, 2011
I have also noticed an issue with this and it comes and goes for me not sure whats up it may be a software issue.

Tcsviz77

Sep 3, 2011
Please keep us up to date with your ticket on this issue.

linux4kix

Sep 9, 2011
I went through my first round off tech support calls yesterday. They had me do a factory reset, which I knew wouldn't work and didn't. I have requested the pre upgrade image to see if that makes a difference. So far not much info. I am glad to know I am not the only one with this problem. I also find it interesting your problem is intermittent.

walrus

Dec 16, 2010
I am downloaded a stero check app and tested mine left has some left over sound when in landscape mode, possibly because it is the right speaker when in portrait mode. Hope they get you fixed. You should be commended for going the call Vizio route, I most likely would have just taken it back and got a different one.

linux4kix

Sep 9, 2011
I just tried once again to get an original image to flash my Vizio in hopes of fixing this problem. They had no solutions for me and could not take my tablet back because I don't have a receipt ( I did not buy this tablet, it was given to me as a developer demo ). So basically I have no other options but to deal with single speaker sound until Vizio possibly rolls out another update that could possibly fix the issue. I really like the form factor and fell of this tablet but I am definitely going to have to steer others away from it. The company is obviously a TV company that has no idea how to support a more complex device like a tablet.

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
I am definitely going to have to steer others away from it.
So you'll take, and keep, a free tablet from them, but you'll complain that they won't fix the tablet you got for free, and you'll steer others away from them?

Nice.

Jim

linux4kix

Sep 9, 2011
So because I personally did not pay for this tablet means that somehow they knew about that and gave me inferior customer support? Does that mean if others get one on sale they will get half the support of people that bought it at full price? I tried to get support for a new product that developed a problem and received poor technical support. That is the reason for me not recommending the product. I just don't tell people, "Hey go buy it, that product is great, but it may break a little and don't plan on getting any help with that"Feel free to step down off your armchair soapbox and save your character judgements on someone that cares.

sora72

Aug 22, 2011
I think what SemiJim is saying is, your advice on whether or not to buy the vtab, or any other product for that matter, may carry more weight had you actually bought one yourself.

marvin02

Aug 25, 2011
linux4kix,

I don't know how you received the tablet - but if it was through legitimate channels the warranty should still apply, unless the terms you received it under state otherwise.

Vizio probably is not releasing any rom images so that they are not used to reverse engineer the ROM or used to build a rooted ROM, but if you have a warranty (or if the original purchaser has a warranty) you should be able to send it in for repair.

Have you asked whoever you got the tablet from for proof of purchase? Were there conditions applied to your receipt of the tablet?

I have received phones in the past for free and they came with the caveats that there was no warranty, that I could not sell or give them to anyone else, and that I could not allow them to be used by another person. I could have kept them as long as I wanted, but when I was done I returned them so that there would be no question that I was honoring my commitment.

The reasons you are not getting full support do not apply to uses who purchase their tablets and the fact that they don't provide you with a proprietary ROM image isn't lack of support.