Still trying to Decide ... Asus or Acer

diiorio

Dec 21, 2011
I have both (my father gave me the asus with keyboard).

THe asus seems bulky (even more with the keyboard attatched).

Soem videos seem quarky on the transformer. But twekaed them out.

With the keyboard, you get extra battery, both SD and micro SD storage. 2 usb.

The transformer seems more solid, but heavier.

The screen seems tat times nicer on the acer, at times nicer on the transformer (odd).

Goign to test certain things.

However the A700 lien blows the transformer line away. I got to see the upcomig n#d screen and it was amaing on the acer (3-d 1080p one not out yet just reg 1080p)

However the price on that acer is going to be a tad expensive and much higher then any asus ones. No longer 300-400 but looking at 800-1200.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
However the A700 lien blows the transformer line away. I got to see the upcomig n#d screen and it was amaing on the acer (3-d 1080p one not out yet just reg 1080p)

You aren't (currently) comparing oranges to oranges. The A700 does NOT blow away the TF700 infinity. Things change. But I agree, compared to the Transformer 201 or 700T the TF101 is a bit bulky.

Weebee

Dec 1, 2011
After getting a Galaxy Tab 10.1 I too thought my TF101 was bulky. So I went on a ebay quest looking for a ultra thin cover for my TF and found one for 12.00. It's like she lost 20 pounds after having it in either the leather Roocase or the Gumdrop case. It's like a new love affair!

$DSCF0549.jpg
$DSCF0548.jpg

diiorio

Dec 21, 2011
They are very similiar. I have a Transformer and an A500.

I just gave my A500 to my best friend for his BIrthday today so I won't be able to fiddle with it any more. My father retired and gave me his Transformer with the keyboard dock and I liek it because I need the keyboard for work. But function wise they were pretty much the same specs and same device, but I liked the screen better on the Acer.

The dock on the Asus is nice. Extra memory slots (SD and Microsd) extra battery ( all tho my acer lasteed almost as logn as the Asus with the dock attatched . THe dock also gives me an extra usb port. THe acer had 1 on it.

Even tho Acer finally releaseed a docked keyboard, It is a tad pricy so I am glad I was gien the Asus, and could pass the acer to my bud since he really needed it for work.

Both Asus Tf101 and Acer A500 have 4.0.3 Icecream sandwhich. THe are pretty close to beign the same device, except the acer screen sizze is actually slightly larger especially in height, so the os icons don't take away from the true screen res.

Last edited:

diiorio

Dec 21, 2011
Plus I am assuming but haven't tried this yet. That you can have both SDHD(on keyboard dock) compatible and Micro SD (on tablet) storage with the keyboard docking system. Allowing for more memory. I have a 32gig verion, with a 32gig microsd, and hopefully i could add another regular SDHC 32gig for a total of 96 gig. If more is needed I'll have to use external.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
diiorio said:
Plus I am assuming but haven't tried this yet. That you can have both SDHD(on keyboard dock) compatible and Micro SD (on tablet) storage with the keyboard docking system. Allowing for more memory. I have a 32gig verion, with a 32gig microsd, and hopefully i could add another regular SDHC 32gig for a total of 96 gig. If more is needed I'll have to use external.

You definitely can use use both storage options while docked with the Asus.

Sent from my Tablet like device running Android