Still trying to decide on a tablet!

onsenmark

Dec 27, 2011
So I'm trying to decide on which tablet to get. Originally, I was going to get the Craig CMP738B, but after all the problems people are having with nuked wi-fi after rooting, I decided against it. Then I was going to get the Coby Kyros MID7012... but hh gregg was out of stock when I had a bit more money.

Anyway, right now, I'm leaning towards the Ainol Novo7 Paladin, but... I'm not too keen on the fact that it doesn't run most of the apps that are out there, thanks to its' MIPS-based processor. Outside of that, it seems like a pretty good tab, and would be good for my purposes(e-books/text, internets, videos, maybe some gaming, particularly if Squarenix actually ports more stuff to Android)... except that most apps aren't currently compatible, and who knows when a lot of apps WILL be.

So, I'm in a bit of a quandry. I wanna get a tablet, but I wanna stay in my price range($100 -150(absolute)max). And I'll need to have it in my hands before mid-Feb. I'm looking to get a tab with the following:

- willing to pay $100 - $125, could be willing to shell out as much as $150, but that depends. Still, the lower the price, the better.
- Same general specs as the Paladin: 1ghz or higher CPU, 512MB or higher of RAM
- 3D gaming optional, but preferred
- At least 4GB onboard storage
- capacitive screen preferred, but not really a necessity
- Doesn't have to run ICS, Honeycomb would be okay by me(heck, I could prolly live with 2.3 if I could root the tablet easily... or if there's an upgrade to Honeycomb at a minimum available)
- wi-fi, but that's a given
- Webcam(s) optional, not preferred
- HDMI-out port preferred(ideally, I'd like to be able to take this to anime cons, plug it into the TV in the hotel room, and watch videos on it)
- WILL RUN THE MAJORITY OF APPS.

That's pretty much what I'm looking for in a tab. Also, what are the more reputable dealers to order a tab from? I'm thinking android-sale, since they seem to have an overall excellent rating on Web Of Trust, but I'm wondering what other good sellers are out there...

Thanks in advance! :D

Last edited:

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
So I'm trying to decide on which tablet to get. Originally, I was going to get the Craig CMP738B, but after all the problems people are having with nuked wi-fi after rooting, I decided against it. Then I was going to get the Coby Kyros MID7012... but hh gregg was out of stock when I had a bit more money.

Anyway, right now, I'm leaning towards the Ainol Novo7 Paladin, but... I'm not too keen on the fact that it doesn't run most of the apps that are out there, thanks to its' MIPS-based processor. Outside of that, it seems like a pretty good tab, and would be good for my purposes(e-books/text, internets, videos, maybe some gaming, particularly if Squarenix actually ports more stuff to Android)... except that most apps aren't currently compatible, and who knows when a lot of apps WILL be.

So, I'm in a bit of a quandry. I wanna get a tablet, but I wanna stay in my price range($100 -150(absolute)max). And I'll need to have it in my hands before mid-Feb. I'm looking to get a tab with the following:

- willing to pay $100 - $125, could be willing to shell out as much as $150, but that depends. Still, the lower the price, the better.
- Same general specs as the Paladin: 1ghz or higher CPU, 512MB or higher of RAM
- 3D gaming optional, but preferred
- At least 4GB onboard storage
- capacitive screen preferred, but not really a necessity
- Doesn't have to run ICS, Honeycomb would be okay by me(heck, I could prolly live with 2.3 if I could root the tablet easily... or if there's an upgrade to Honeycomb at a minimum available)
- wi-fi, but that's a given
- Webcam(s) optional, not preferred
- HDMI-out port preferred(ideally, I'd like to be able to take this to anime cons, plug it into the TV in the hotel room, and watch videos on it)
- WILL RUN THE MAJORITY OF APPS.

That's pretty much what I'm looking for in a tab. Also, what are the more reputable dealers to order a tab from? I'm thinking android-sale, since they seem to have an overall excellent rating on Web Of Trust, but I'm wondering what other good sellers are out there...

Thanks in advance! :D

Hi onsenmark,the Ainol Novo Paladin is a good choice! and more apps will soon available on it, just because the android 4.0 is really new for android tablets....
anyway, if you don't want to wait, then, you can have a look at the Zenithink C71 for $149.9 with shipping in our site, also be a great choice! hope this helps, and wish you enjoy the online tablet buying!:)

onsenmark

Dec 27, 2011
If the Paladin had an HDMI-out port, then I'd definitely go with it, since being able to plug it into hotel TVs on the road to watch videos is kind of a sticking point.

Right now, one of the tabs I'm looking at is a Wopad V7 on android-sale for $89; the screen is resistive as opposed to capacitive and runs 2.3, but it's comparable to the Paladin, plus it has HDMI-out and can run more apps than the Paladin.

I'm also looking at the Ployer MOMO9C on a-s; it's $10 more, but it's got a capacitive screen. (also has HDMI)

Last edited:

onsenmark

Dec 27, 2011
Right now, one of the tabs I'm looking at is a Wopad V7 on android-sale for $89; the screen is resistive as opposed to capacitive and runs 2.3, but it's comparable to the Paladin, plus it has HDMI-out and can run more apps than the Paladin.
huang3.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand you simply quoted what I said previously why? o.o?

G37

Jan 3, 2012
I know this is a tough thing to do, but be patient. We're in an emerging market with regards to android tablets and these prices are over inflated. You want something for 100-150. Spemall is right, Ainol novo paladin, could perhaps be your best bet, especially with ICS. None the less, let the prices deflate after ICS/Tegra3 comes out and the less considerable Tegra 2 chips become a bargain with regards to price. Then you'll have enough for a $200 tablet, and that should do!

onsenmark

Dec 27, 2011
I know this is a tough thing to do, but be patient. We're in an emerging market with regards to android tablets and these prices are over inflated. You want something for 100-150. Spemall is right, Ainol novo paladin, could perhaps be your best bet, especially with ICS. None the less, let the prices deflate after ICS/Tegra3 comes out and the less considerable Tegra 2 chips become a bargain with regards to price. Then you'll have enough for a $200 tablet, and that should do!

If the Paladin had HDMI-out, then I'd go for that. Alas...