stock 3.2 wifi proboem upon awake

iamkoza

Oct 28, 2011
since the 3.2 update, whenever i leave my tablet alone for an hour or more, and i go to awaken it it says im connected to wifi still, but internet doesnt work. i have to turn wifi on and off to get it working again. i dont know how to fix this annoying glitch. none of my other wifi devices have this problem so i dont think it is a router setting.

Sewal46

Sep 16, 2011
Many users have had this problem since the upgrade to 3.2. Some suggestions include doing a soft reset, doing a factory reset and using a static IP address. My problem has been solved since I replaced my Motorola cable broadband modem and belkin wifi router with an integrated Cisco wifi cable modem. I didn't make the change because of the problem, just upgrading my home network, but it was a pleasant side effect.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Well the factory reset does work. I have done it myself - not in last 14 months though. I'm using a Billion 7404. But with the A500 I only had the wifi issue at the office and I know it is a quirky problem with android. Once the problem is identified an corrective action taken - getting the tablet to do a refresh and force it to pick another available address under DHCP. The tablet will remember the new issued IP and continue to work fine thereafter.