Stock 7065 Rooted ROM

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
This is a stock 7065 rom that includes root. This rom is made from my Coby 7065, this rom wipes. cache, data, and system.

You need cw recovery to flash this rom, you can get cw recovery from my root Coby 7065 thread.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...al/58323-root-coby-7065-via-adb-recovery.html

to install place on sdcard and install via cw recovery.

stock_7065 - Download - 4shared

another download link.

http://d-h.st/3kc

3f45f6ecc3a5634be8004168cace32d1 /home/vampirefo/Desktop/7065/dump/stock/stock_7065.zip

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I just bought this tablet yesterday and was glad to see that you had picked one up too. Thank you for supporting as many tablets as you do.

This is a very nice tablet, I got it on ebay, take it to work with me to play games and such during break, I originally bought this tablet to fix up and resell, but have decided to keep it. I think you will like yours as well, very nice tablet.

Aug 8, 2012
I am glad that you somehow got such a sweet deal on yours. It is a pretty smooth tablet already out-of-the-box. I have been doing a little gaming tonight to see what it is made of. It froze and restarted once, but I was on a high graphics setting at the time. I want a higher end tablet, but I wasn't going to buy a (year old tech) Nexus 7 when a refresh is around the corner. I remember what you accomplished with the 8042 before a shattered screen made me lose interest. I look forward to seeing what you do with this one.

engrmarkm

Jun 12, 2013
Hi. I am a new proud owner of Coby MID7065 and one of the first things I do is find a root for this device when I stumble on your post. I installed your stock rom on mine using CW recovery mode, have success on installing it. But I noticed upon booting that it was struggling on turning the wifi toggle on, and I have to skip those registration process. Only to notice on settings, the wifi toggle is grayed out, and there is no way I can turn it on. When I tried to search for solutions to these, most tell that there could be problem in google services, which one of them, I tried turning on the location services and noticed that the wifi toggle is enabled but when i tried to switch it on, it just keep on returning to off position. Tried many times turning the tablet on/off but still no success. Tried flashing your stock rom a number of times already, still the same problem happens. Please advise as I cannnot use the Wifi services anymore. Thank you.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Hi. I am a new proud owner of Coby MID7065 and one of the first things I do is find a root for this device when I stumble on your post. I installed your stock rom on mine using CW recovery mode, have success on installing it. But I noticed upon booting that it was struggling on turning the wifi toggle on, and I have to skip those registration process. Only to notice on settings, the wifi toggle is grayed out, and there is no way I can turn it on. When I tried to search for solutions to these, most tell that there could be problem in google services, which one of them, I tried turning on the location services and noticed that the wifi toggle is enabled but when i tried to switch it on, it just keep on returning to off position. Tried many times turning the tablet on/off but still no success. Tried flashing your stock rom a number of times already, still the same problem happens. Please advise as I cannnot use the Wifi services anymore. Thank you.

Did you make a backup? This problem sounds like your kernel is different, are you sure you have a USA 7065? When I installed 7060 on my tablet I also had no wifi as that tablet's kernel is different than 7065 I had to switch wifi modules to get it to work.

If you made a backup and you should have restore your backup.

engrmarkm

Jun 12, 2013
Update: After trying many times of reinstalling and uninstalling the stock rom, still wifi won't work. Being a new guy on rooting devices, i accidentally format boot, cache, data, system on cw recovery mode. Now it is stuck on the corby logo and won't load. Please help.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Update: After trying many times of reinstalling and uninstalling the stock rom, still wifi won't work. Being a new guy on rooting devices, i accidentally format boot, cache, data, system on cw recovery mode. Now it is stuck on the corby logo and won't load. Please help.

if you formatted, that means you have deleted them. meaning you deleted your kernel, system so you have nothing to boot. seeing you are in Philippines we both know you don't have a USA 7065 which is what this rom is for, I need to know what device you have.

engrmarkm

Jun 12, 2013
Did you make a backup? This problem sounds like your kernel is different, are you sure you have a USA 7065? When I installed 7060 on my tablet I also had no wifi as that tablet's kernel is different than 7065 I had to switch wifi modules to get it to work.

If you made a backup and you should have restore your backup.

I am afraid I don't have a back up as I have easily trusted that your stock rom would work on mine. I bought the device in the Philippines but they they were saying it is designed in the US and manufacture in China. Please help me get this working again as I may have deleted the boot image when i formatted the boot on the CW recovery mode. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

engrmarkm

Jun 12, 2013
I am afraid I don't have a back up as I have easily trusted that your stock rom would work on mine. I bought the device in the Philippines but they they were saying it is designed in the US and manufacture in China. Please help me get this working again as I may have deleted the boot image when i formatted the boot on the CW recovery mode. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

AT the back of the tablet, Model is MID7065 8gb, FCCID: S71MID7065-7060. Processor is 1.2 GHz Dual Core Cortex A9 Memory is 1GB. All papers inside gives points to CorbyUSA. There is no way I can tell what kernel my device is as I am stuck in corby logo at the moment.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
AT the back of the tablet, Model is MID7065 8gb, FCCID: S71MID7065-7060. Processor is 1.2 GHz Dual Core Cortex A9 Memory is 1GB. All papers inside gives points to CorbyUSA. There is no way I can tell what kernel my device is as I am stuck in corby logo at the moment.

you have no kernel now you formatted it, right now only choice is to flash both this rom and kernel.

flash kernel from this post

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ot-coby-7065-via-adb-recovery.html#post285318

Last edited:

engrmarkm

Jun 12, 2013
I have seen two methods from the link you have given me. It seems I have to download the Android development kit. The first method quoted below:
"1. This first method is the same as we use on Coby 3rd Gen.

must have adb setup and working correctly to use this method should work for other Gen 4 Coby's.

extract 7065_root.zip

extract 7065_ADB_root.zip

adb push data /data/local/tmp/

adb shell

chmod 0777 /data/local/tmp/mempodroid

/data/local/tmp/mempodroid 0xdaa4 0xaffb sh /data/local/tmp/root.sh

su
"
will this install the kernel? I am a complete novice on this but I am trying to follow directions. Currently I am downloading Android Development Kit and will install it once it is finished. "
adb push data /data/local/tmp/ " where will this command be prompted so that I have an idea. Thanks.

Those commands above, when will I enter the files extracted on the zip file?

engrmarkm

Jun 12, 2013
Second post unsecure boot.img is the kernel.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Phone

Is it possible to flash unsecure boot.img directly from the CW recovery? They were asking for zip files though? If that is possible, are there any sequence of flashing this images in my tablet from sd card? thanks.

engrmarkm

Jun 12, 2013
I get it!!! It is working again. You are a genius. Thank you very much for all those knowledge of yours. I thought I would have lost my tablet. Now, it is rooted as well. I hope this thread would help more people like me. Thank you so much. I will be reinstalling all my apps lost.