stop defaut browser from redirecting to mobile sites

saurabh

May 22, 2011
hi all,

wanted to know if there is some way of configuring the stock browser from not redirecting to mobiles sites while browsing. is the stock browser not tablet ready yet ?

johnontheroad

May 20, 2011
Wow, just wanted to ask the same question. Great minds etc. I looked at the URL to see if that could be changed but no dice. Hope someone has a good answer for this.

== John

saurabh

May 22, 2011
tried about:config which most of the desktop browser offer but seems this browser doesnt have any such option

solpadeine

May 22, 2011
Its very annoying, I'm using dolphin hd instead, what is even more annoying there is no way to contact google about it :-(

filicj1

May 22, 2011
Enter about:debug
Then go to setting
You'll see debug hit that
Then hit the desktop option under UA agent
Hit the back button, and enter in again about:debug hit enter and your done
Takes a minute

rkka93

May 5, 2011
I believe you also need to use www when entering the website even with the debug option activated.

omnisvalidus

May 9, 2011
It does work, but it also has to repeated between sessions, because even though the setting doesn't get 'forgotten' it seems to get ignored eventually. Some sites also seem to ignore the setting all the time as well.

Half Colin

May 10, 2011
It does work, but it also has to repeated between sessions, because even though the setting doesn't get 'forgotten' it seems to get ignored eventually. Some sites also seem to ignore the setting all the time as well.

I only had to do mine the once but also found you need to check 'Normal Rendering' as well as the Tab will try and resize web sites.

urbie

May 14, 2011
Hello
Forgive me my 'noobiness' but despite searching i couldn't find the settings where you talking about. Can you please give me a clue 'cause the mobile rendering of some sites is annoying indeed.
Thanks.

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
Enter about:debug
Then go to setting
You'll see debug hit that
Then hit the desktop option under UA agent
Hit the back button, and enter in again about:debug hit enter and your done
Takes a minute

These instructions are good. You do have to type out the www with each address, witch someone pointed out. For some reason, it makes a difference.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Well, the problem is that about:debug (either with or Without a following enter key) shows nothing, nor is there any debug options in the browser settings.

Therefore there must be something different about your unit and mine.

HD87

May 14, 2011
Well, the problem is that about:debug (either with or Without a following enter key) shows nothing, nor is there any debug options in the browser settings.

Therefore there must be something different about your unit and mine.

Yea when I enter 'about:debug' into the address bar it does nothing... but if you do go to 'settings' you will see debug at the bottom of the list. click that and hit UA String.. and select desktop.. hit the back button then enter in about:debug again.. then try going to a site.. does not redirect to mobile! nicely done..

Last edited:

saurabh

May 22, 2011
strange but i am still missing this debug link after hitting 'about:debug' in the browser, so when you all say settings, is it the global system settings that every1 is talking about or the browser has some way of showing up the settings link.

Thanks,

HD87

May 14, 2011
Yea saura. enter ' about:debug ' into the address bar. then look on the top right corner of the browser & you'll see a square with stripes & a small triangle. If you click that it'll open a drop down menu. You'll see 'settings' down at the bottom. once you click that you'll see 'Debug' at the bottom of the list. inside click 'UA strings 'and you'll see 'android' is selected.. select 'desktop' and back out.. and your done :)