Stop the music

woden

Oct 16, 2011
This may seem like a stupid question, but... where is the stop button for playing music?
I have a pause button but the song is still listed in the active apps. There is no stop button that I can find.

Visio Tablet

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
Good question. I was wondering this, myself. Short of employing a task killer, there seems to be no way to stop/exit the music player?

Jim

woden

Oct 16, 2011
This is insane. That would be like having to unplug the TV to turn it off.

droid_dude

Oct 10, 2011
I agree but this is the standard android music player (built into the Android OS). It is not a design flaw from Vizio.

I just "pause the music" instead of stopping and then just go about my business using other apps. Kind of awkward but I have gotten used to it

marvin02

Aug 25, 2011
The music player runs in the background so that it can provide services such as intercepting button presses on a headset. There could be other services that it provides.

Many apps in Android provide background services. There is a priority system so that the OS knows which apps to kill (remove from memory).

If an app does not have a true exit button or menu entry then you can 1) try to find another app that serves the same function and has an exit option or 2) just hit the home button to leave the app.

jhaynes1230

Oct 7, 2011
This may seem like a stupid question, but... where is the stop button for playing music?
I have a pause button but the song is still listed in the active apps. There is no stop button that I can find.

Visio Tablet

I had the same question and after down loading a half dozen music
Apps I could not find one that had a stop button. It seems to be an Android thing. Same with my htc phone.
Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

wolong

Aug 24, 2011
Yeh, it must be an android thing. I have to use the task manager to stop the music on my android cell phone too.
Supposedly, there are widgets available that will take-over control of the installed music player on an android device but I haven't found one yet.