stora

jeffoickle

Jun 18, 2011
Hi all,
i finally going on thursday to get my new tablet.I been really torn on which one to get.I wanted to go with the acer 500 and the asus transformer. Even today i still unshure. Been doing a lot of reading.
My final decision comes down to this. The asus has a pre installed app that will discover my network box(stora) and pretty shure that it is made by assus..My question is ,does the acer have a way to discover my network box and stream my movies.?
The asus and acer are really great tabs,its really hard to make a decision on which one,but if the acer can discover my stora then acer will be what i get

larryu

Jun 21, 2011
I have an Acer and a Stora NAS. I haven't quite figured out the file transfers. I can find the Stora, but I get an error when I try to log in from the ES File Explorer.
But if I browse to my Stora unit by the IP address, I can connect to the folders and see the files. I played one of the songs in my library, so it could be cockpit error on my part.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Larry, it sounds like your Stora is configured with no security at all, and that is why you can connect to it by browsing but it fails when you try to log in.

Stora is made by Netgear, not Asus. Its a standard SMB (windows) file server using a stripped down version of SAMBA on a micro version of Linux.

larryu

Jun 21, 2011
Larry, it sounds like your Stora is configured with no security at all, and that is why you can connect to it by browsing but it fails when you try to log in.

Stora is made by Netgear, not Asus. Its a standard SMB (windows) file server using a stripped down version of SAMBA on a micro version of Linux.

No, my NAS has security. When I browse to it, it prompted me for a uer name/PW.
Used the one I set up for the tablet, it works.

I don't get a login failure from ES explorer, I get maybe wrong IP or SMB service not running error