Strange...Charging issues.

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
My A700 was plugged in all day yesterday and never charged up. I figured maybe the plug had become unseated in the outlet, or something, but that doesn't appear to be the case. The charger worked fine on my phone. Plugged the tablet back in and it began charging.

Is there any sort of app that might prevent charging? I had my reading app (Mantano Reader) on, but I'm sure I've left that on before while I left it to charge. Maybe an option in Jelly Bean that might cause it?

Anyone else experience this? Yesterday was the first time I've experienced it.

steowimmy

Jul 24, 2013
I have the same problem on my A700! It's not the charge plug the problem, it's in the tablet.

In my case, i put the screen on a clothe, plug the AC charge, and put a light pound on the rear of the tablet (near the ACER logo). The charge light become ON and charge the tablet.

If you put a finger at 2 centimeter of the rear Acer logo at the middle of the rear tablet, you see your CHARGE LED light becoming ORANGE and charge is making! ;)

Probably a trouble, i think I'm only with this trouble, I see that I'm not alone!

bvmerang

Oct 30, 2015
hello everybody!

I have had similar isue with charging!

,...my iconia was charging ,.. then when the battery went low i have pluged in the charger and nothing... hour later it started to charge ,.. next day same thing,.. and the it stopped to charge at all.

I have opend it ( out of guarantee ) reconnected all ribbons for thr battery,.. and nothing. not resolved.

But when i analyzed the ribbon that connects the microusb dock to the mainboard i have discovered that one of the connector on thr ribbon tape had an irregularity in those small pins. Difficult to see, but there it was. one fuc*** pin crushed. How could that be ? I think that when the electricity jumps is overheating or something.

The guarantee stick were there, i mean it was never opened before.

the ribbon id number is LF-8021P but is impossible to find, but there is an compatible piece ( nº 50.H99H2.001 )

30€ from online shop ( www.zandparts.com ) . Today it has arrived,.. easy to put on place,.. and you know what ?

IT IS CHARGING NOW!

LF-8021P.JPG

Last edited:

bvmerang

Oct 30, 2015
i would also aware you to not leave the charger plugged in tha wall without charging the tablet. save energy and protect your charger.