Strange problem with epad running on battery

ext3

May 9, 2011
Good evening everyone.I have a strange problem and i need your advice.
I own a cheap wm8650 based epad,bought from china.At first worked ok,but suddenly shut down and i couldnt power it up.I use the reset hole,power it up and then my problems started.With every rom(even the latest one 1.3.0),when the pad is on main outlet,works ok.Everything is ok,till i unplug the power,and the pad runs on battery.Then the operating system treat battery as empty,and shut down the pad automatically.I have tried many roms,from many forums,nothing changed.After a bit of debugging,i found what causes it.If i change bootenv file the line setenv wmt.audio.i2s wm8900:ff:ff:ff:ff to setenv wmt.audio.i2s vt1603:f1:f2:ff:ff,i have no sound,but at least i can have my pad running on battery.By the way the module wm8900 is the proper module for sound,since when the pad running on main power and not on battery i can listen fine to music and all system sounds working.I dont know what else to do,and i am looking for some help,thanx a lot.

VonSpyder

Apr 16, 2011
i hate to say it but it sounds like your pad came with a messed up battery which is why it will only run on AC power. Contact the person you ordered it from and see about getting a replacement tablet...

ext3

May 9, 2011
if it was the battery,it shouldn't work with sound disabled.For me its more like a bug in audio driver and battery management module.I enable sound i have no battery.I disable sound i have hours of battery.Is it logical to be battery problem?

VonSpyder

Apr 16, 2011
okay thats really weird...either you have a short somewhere in your audio wiring, OR there is something wrong with the audio codec. It still sounds like a hardware issue to me if multiple roms are giving you the same problem. Ask your distributer where you can get a firmware update.