Strange update behavior in new Market app

biking4jesus

Aug 27, 2011
I installed 3.2.1 yesterday and got the new Market app. On the whole I like it, especially the ability to use portrait. However, today I got an update notice. When I clicked it, the Market showed over 30 apps needed to be updated! That didn't seem right, so I checked the update dates. Some of them were over a month old. Then I checked the version on my installed apps, and, sure enough, the updates had NOT been installed. So, I decided to install them. I installed one of the 'manual' updates first, and it went OK. However, when I went back to the Market to install the rest of the updates, ALL of the apps had disappeared! There were no Updates listed, and the apps I could remember weren't in the "Installed" or "Not Installed" sections.

I looked up a couple of the apps in the Market, and it showed that I owned them and they needed updating. I updated those, and they now show up in the list. I don't want to have to do this for all 30 apps, so I need help getting the original update list back.

I have 2 IDs in the Market (I changed after about a week). So, my oldest app are under the original ID, and most (if not all) of the ones listed as needed updating are old. Whenever I update, I always check both IDs and install anything that needs it. (Right now both IDs are listing exactly the same list of apps.) I've tried rebooting, so what else can I do to 're-sync' my Market apps lists?

- Conrad
Acer A500

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
after I instaled the 3.2.1 update I keep getting a force close on something to do with google. l hit force close and it just keeps popping back up. I have to reboot to stop it. Updátes are suppose to fix bugs. Seems like they may fix e thing and cause another. How can I undo he update?

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
You don't undo the update. Even if you knew how it wouldn't solve the problem.

Why don't you take pen in hand and write down the actual messages so that someone can help you instead of posting "something to do with Google "?

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
You don't undo the update. Even if you knew how it wouldn't solve the problem.

Why don't you take pen in hand and write down the actual messages so that someone can help you instead of posting "something to do with Google "?
I put the internet in static and it does not seem to happen. So it is probably related to the internet dropout the update DID NOT FIX like was reported. Otherwise I would have written it down and posted what it says.