Streaming video on 2.3 tablet

AndrewRoed

May 1, 2012
A friend has been trying to watch a streaming religious program on her android 2.3 tablet. I thought maybe she needs flash. Google Play store says the newest version is incompatible so I found version 11.0.1.153 on iapktop - says it's good for earlier androids. Downloaded it to pc and transferred it via usb to tablet. It asks if I want to install and appears to be installing for about 20 seconds and then orange triangle with exclamation point and "Application not installed". Watcanadoo?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Did you enable the ability to install apps from unknown sources in setting?

I have a link below on the Flash issues that may also help.

AndrewRoed

May 1, 2012
I'm not sure if she even needs an updated Flash. She's tried different versions. Youtube works fine...shouldn't other video content work then?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Yes, other Flash based videos should work. On YouTube you have the option of viewing the videos in HTML5 but many other sites don't have that option. If you browse to Honda.com: Official Site of American Honda Motor Co., Inc. they have a flash slide show on the opening page that you can use as a test. Some browsers do not support Flash on Android. I suggest Dolphin Browser or Firefox as they both support it.

AndrewRoed

May 1, 2012
Thanks for the suggestions. For some reason, the Firefox browser is not showing up when I hit on the market icon on this tablet. When I go in through the browser, it does show up, but when I try to install it says to use the play store app on the tablet. This is gettin really weird. So I found Firefox 16.0.1 on iapktop.com and downloaded it. It asks if I want to install, yes, and appears to be installing for about 20 seconds and then orange triangle with exclamation point and "Application not installed" comes up.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Very strange. Here is the link for the Store, Firefox.

You may want to power cycle your tablet before trying to install it.