streaming your own mpeg4 movies..

crenita

Jan 6, 2011
Well I am not as tech savy as most of you and need all the help I can get .. when I stumbled upon this free service.MP4 Streaming Server 1.0 Release (free) | Tools4Movies - Home of DVD Catalyst
. I have started to convert some of my DVD's to mpeg 4 using the super easy DVD Catalyst program.. works great by the way..
Then found out he had another freebee.. called MP4 streaming Server.. and even for a dumbie like me I had my whole DVD collection that I had already converted streaming in just a few minutes.. Even works GREAT on an unrooted NC !!

now if any of you have used this I just have a question. is there anyway to set up a static number so I can easily access it without having to see the ip address on my computer ?

bluewhite79

Mar 21, 2011
Well I am not as tech savy as most of you and need all the help I can get .. when I stumbled upon this free service.MP4 Streaming Server 1.0 Release (free) | Tools4Movies - Home of DVD Catalyst
. I have started to convert some of my DVD's to mpeg 4 using the super easy DVD Catalyst program.. works great by the way..
Then found out he had another freebee.. called MP4 streaming Server.. and even for a dumbie like me I had my whole DVD collection that I had already converted streaming in just a few minutes.. Even works GREAT on an unrooted NC !!

now if any of you have used this I just have a question. is there anyway to set up a static number so I can easily access it without having to see the ip address on my computer ?

so once you set this up, all you have to do is go to a custom URL in your browser (log in) and then stream your mp4s?

crenita

Jan 6, 2011
yup.... it took no time at all.. he even has sample video clips for you to try to make sure you get it right. the developer of this site is amazing

and it free to boot... you need both files.. the MP4 streaming and the DVD catalyst.. but you can use the free version of them.. I bought the full DVD catalyst because it is soo great and easy.. and he has it set up for Nook Color .. makes it a breeze for tech dummies like me..

Last edited:

bluewhite79

Mar 21, 2011
yup.... it took no time at all.. he even has sample video clips for you to try to make sure you get it right. the developer of this site is amazing

and it free to boot... you need both files.. the MP4 streaming and the DVD catalyst.. but you can use the free version of them.. I bought the full DVD catalyst because it is soo great and easy.. and he has it set up for Nook Color .. makes it a breeze for tech dummies like me..

well, my home movies made with my flipcam are mpeg4. This is what i would be most interested in, in streaming.

crenita

Jan 6, 2011
just try it .. nothing to lose as it is all free... I use to have a few flip video's .. hmm.. need to check that out as well. .. if you run into any ? send the developer an email.. he is really prompt on responding and give great directions.

D

dvdcatalyst

Sorry, I just signed up here recently, and have been digging through some older posts. I'm not sure if you figured this one out yet, but I do have an "How To" guide on my website that goes a bit further into info on how to set it up with a (free) custom domain name rather than IP address alone.

How to stream movies to your phone for free | DVD Catalyst 4, the ultimate app for movies & tv on the go

Near the bottom, it has the steps on how to setup a dynamic DNS service, and with a small tool running in the background on your computer, it will eliminate the IP stuff.