Stuck at the N, also rather embarassed...

pityr

Mar 15, 2011
This is my first post here but I've spent a lot of time on XDA with my Nexus1.

Picked up the nook color a few days ago and rooted it. Then installed CM7 to the internal memory. Worked fine but was too laggy to use daily and tried to go back to stock froyo. Ive gone through all of the restore to stock how to's that I can find and none of them are working. As of right now it boots to the N and freezes. I have wiped and formatted everything that I was supposed to (and probably things I wasn't supposed to). I have the stock 1.0.1 image and have tried to flash that. It finished succesfully but then only boots to the N.

I have a froyo bootable SDcard and can get into the system that way. I wanted to try ADB to push the stock image but I can't get Windows to recognize the Nook as a ADB device instead of a mass storage device.

I've tried to do the stock restore (pwr 8 times) but it never does anything. Half the time the power button doesn't do anything any way so getting 8 times can take forever.

I've tried everything that I can think of or find here and on XDA. Debating on taking it in and trying to exchange it for another one if I can. Been working on it for a few days at this point.

Does anyone know how to get it to boot past the N?

mkm1126

Mar 13, 2011
What I had to do was create a bootable sd card with cwmr. once I created that, I copied my clockwork folder to it, then restored my last good backup from there.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

pityr

Mar 15, 2011
Tried that, clockwork reports that that there are no backups to restore.

edit: tried again with a new burn and it let me run the restore. Its going through the restore now and I have my fingers crossed.
edit #2: Restore completed but now complains that:
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/command
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log

and it just drops me into the recovery.

Last edited:

pityr

Mar 15, 2011
oi

So finally after restoring it for the 4th time fate has decided to finally smile on me.

Time to try Nookie Froyo...again. :)

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Hey i just did the same thing you did. I had to remove my sdcard quickly before rebooting so it didn't boot back into recovery after restore. All is restored and running now.

sent from my rooted nook color

pityr

Mar 15, 2011
Well that didn't last long. The BN software freaked on me and forced a reset. It did this on each subsequent restore as well.

Sucks. Guess I just need to return to stock and start over.

Which apparently I can't do cause it just sits at the N. How frustrating.

Last edited:

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
follow the instructions above, and don't assume any steps. It will get you right again.

pityr

Mar 15, 2011
I ran through that how to probably 10 times. I was within my 14 days so I took it back and exchanged it for another unit. This one seems to work better. Other than it not letting me manually update it to 1.1 its worked great.