Stuck in a Loop after Backup

DrBubba

Apr 9, 2011
I was reading and following this thread: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...m-manager-nandroid-backup-custom-kernels.html

Everything was going as indicated until I got to this point:

-The backup will take about 10-15 minutes, depending on how much information is being backed up.
-Once complete, you will be brought back to the main menu and it will read "Backup complete!"
-Now scroll up or down to "reboot system now" and press "n" to execute.

The next step says "-Once booted and back to Home screen, open your favorite file browser", but my Nook Color keeps rebooting into ClockworkMod Recovery and I am stuck on the menu shown here:

IMAG0219.jpg

I'm sort of at a loss and don't see how to get back to the Home screen shown in the next image of the guide. Any help would be massively appreciated.

Rick09

Apr 7, 2011
I know i'm new to this site (maybe not qualified to give technical advice) but i had a similar problem after performing a backup. Are you using a bootable CWR sd card?

DrBubba

Apr 9, 2011
I...guess? I'm using whatever it is I made following the instructions in that link I posted.

The worst part about all this is that I consider myself pretty good at "normal" computer stuff, but for some reason all this rooting and modding talk has my eyes glazing over and makes me feel like I'm an idiot. :\

DrBubba

Apr 9, 2011
Did you remove the SD card before you re-booted?

I didn't, no. It didn't say to in the instructions and the subsequent instructions indicate that you need to navigate to the SD card to verify the presence of files.

It sounded like it needed to stay in.

Does it not?

Rick09

Apr 7, 2011
I did the same thing. Power down tablet and remove sd card prior to booting back up. You can re-insert it after booted.

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
If you are booting from an SD card that has CWR on it when you re-boot you are going to boot into recovery. Remove the card and give it a shot.

Can't hurt right? If it doesn't work we will go from there.

DrBubba

Apr 9, 2011
I'll try that now. Thanks!

Edit: Heh. It rebooted back into the same CWR menu. :(

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Yeah worth a try though right.

Gimme some details, what version/ROM are you running, are you rooted, what version of CWR did you use?

Sorry if these seem like silly ?'s but the more info I have the easier it will be to help.

There seem to be more than a few people who have been having similar issues so I am going to try and find some answers for ya.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook/12355-problem-clockworkmod-recovery.html

Fear Not! We will get you back to where you need to be....

Last edited:

DrBubba

Apr 9, 2011
Yeah worth a try though right.

Gimme some details, what version/ROM are you running, are you rooted, what version of CWR did you use?

Sorry if these seem like silly ?'s but the more info I have the easier it will be to help.

There seem to be more than a few people who have been having similar issues so I am going to try and find some answers for ya.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook/12355-problem-clockworkmod-recovery.html

Fear Not! We will get you back to where you need to be....

I'm using ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.0.5, I rooted using Auto-Nooter 3.0.0 and following these instructions: How To: Root the Nook Color (AutoNooter Method) | TheUnlockr

DrBubba

Apr 9, 2011
OK...so at this next step, it says:

**Pay attention and download the appropriate kernel for your operating system**

And it gives a list of several options:

update-eclair-dalingrin-OC-emmc-022511.zip (for android 2.1 ran off internal memory)
update-eclair-dalingrin-OC-sd-022511.zip (for android 2.1 ran off SD card)
update-Froyo_CM7-dalingrin-OC-emmc-022511.zip (for android 2.2 & 2.3 ran off internal memory)
update-Froyo_CM7-dalingrin-OC-sd-022511.zip (for android 2.2 or 2.3 ran off SD card)
update-HC-dalingrin-OC-emmc-022511.zip (for android 3.0 ran off internal memory)
update-HC-dalingrin-OC-sd-022511.zip (for android 3.0 ran off SD card)

kernel-stock.zip stock 1.0.1 (for android 2.1 ran off internal memory)

Moron Dilemma #2: How do I know which is the right one? Do I just pick the one I want to use? That doesn't seem "right" given the warning, to download the "appropriate" one.

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
If you are still on stock rooted B&N this is the one you want. update-eclair-dalingrin-OC-emmc-022511.zip (for android 2.1 ran off internal memory)

DrBubba

Apr 9, 2011
Awesome. I'll install that and then if (when) I run into a hurdle, I'll be back.

Thanks for all the patience, guys.

Wait....do I want the 022511 version, or the newest version from 3-28?